It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The turning event first of a kind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Part 1:

Is it possible that the sun can shoot out a fire ball that could become a new moon to any of the planets?

Would that fire ball moon rather be called a sun-moon or moon-sun?

I figure the fire ball would be made up of what the sun is made of so it would have gravity that would cause it not to collide into a planet.

If the sun-moon became earth's sun-moon, what affects do you think it would have on the earth's skies (wind, clouds, weather), ocean waters, daylight, night time, and/or ground?

Part 2:

Is it possible that the sun could shoot a fire ball that re-molts a planet into a re-cooling that brings on a total re-configuring to how the land masses and ocean floors and skies and atmosphere are?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Did you just make this ''sun puking out a moon'' thing up or do you have some sources that have studied this theory?

If it would become part of Earth I would say the main differences would be in the ''daytime'' and the tides of the sea (gravitational pull from outer space or whatever it is that makes the tide go higher when the sun and moon are on the same side.)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

Not sure if someone else thought of it the same way as I.

I wonder how the eclipse would go then with a sun-moon? Maybe we'd have a double eclipse where the sun-moon and moon line up between the sun and the earth. What would that be called?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Mabus,

The Sun is not a planet, it is a "Star'.

A star has no "rocky" material with which to form a planet.

Even the "gas-giant" planets in our solar system have, at their cores, a rocky and/or metalic center.

The Sun does not.

The Sun is a furiously burning ball of plasmic gas.

The sun regularly "shoots out fireballs" many times the size of all but the largest of the planets: we call these "Solar Flares".

In all the billions of years the Sun has been spitting out solar flares, not one of them has yet to become a planet.

Why?

Because solar flares, like the Sun that ejects them, are nothing but clouds of super-heated gas (plasma); they contain nothing with which to form a planet. And they lack the mass with which to coalesce into a star of their own.

Could the Sun eject a solar flare large enough to "re-melt" a rocky planet like Earth?

Possible. But such an enormous ejection would likely result in the destruction of the Sun as well.

We would call such an event a "Nova".

top topics

join