It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart is the only mass merchandiser that has advertising on Dish Network.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I never pay any attention to commercials when watching TV, but something was called to my attention by my wife who does. Since changing satellite providers from Direct to Dish Network, we no longer see commercials from stores like Sears, Kmart, J.C. Penney, Target, Kohl's, Macy's, Dillards's, etc. The only commercials for stores of this nature is Wal-Mart. We have satellite, because we live in a rural area 100 miles from the cities that we subscribe to for local news. Even when we watch these stations, it is the same way. This just seems weird to me, Has anyone else noticed this, or something similar on their satellite or cable TV channels? Does anyone have an idea why this is?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
OK I realize that this thread is in the wrong place, but I am really curious about this. Even stations with national programming on Dish Network, don't have any other advertisers in the department store, mass marketing category, and that is strange to me. I have owned businesses and advertised on area stations and on cable systems that showed national broadcast with the commercials that were being shown nationally. Only Wal-Mart commercials on national broudcast? If this is a common thing let me know.

join