It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive police raids on suspected protestors in Minneapolis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Link

Protesters here in Minneapolis have been targeted by a series of highly intimidating, sweeping police raids across the city, involving teams of 25-30 officers in riot gear, with semi-automatic weapons drawn, entering homes of those suspected of planning protests, handcuffing and forcing them to lay on the floor, while law enforcement officers searched the homes, seizing computers, journals, and political pamphlets. Last night, members of the St. Paul police department and the Ramsey County sheriff's department handcuffed, photographed and detained dozens of people meeting at a public venue to plan a demonstration, charging them with no crime other than "fire code violations," and early this morning, the Sheriff's department sent teams of officers into at least four Minneapolis area homes where suspected protesters were staying.

(Please see link for full article)

Developments like these in Denver and Minneapolis are more frightening to me than anything the candidates do or say. Our rights will be chipped away one at a time until there is nothing left.

Something else has happened as well. I am a 28 year old male who has never so much as received a speeding ticket, and I am now afraid of thepolice officers assigned to protect my well being.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Interesting videos. I'm wondering how far these raids go before someone is seriously injured or killed. I can only imagine the average cop has to see something wrong in what they are doing, surely they aren't all unfeeling automatons.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm surprised the MSM hasn't picked up on this. Perhaps this is another way the government wants us to keep quiet about their selection of candidates.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

STAR and FLAG

This just makes me sick. I use to vote republican sort of. I refuse to vote for ANY republicans after this. I can not think of anything that would turn Americans against a party faster. The DNC convention handling of protesters was bad enough but this is the gestapo in action.

I am posting your news links on other groups because this has to get out to other Americans. You might even see those “white supremacists” and the KKK out there protesting with the blacks and left wing types, when they find out about this.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A few things here -

1. There is nothing wrong with exercising your 1st amendment rights in a PEACEFUL fashion.

2. The individuals who were raided were either known anarchists or their associates in one form or another. Their purpose was not to protest peacefully but to disrupt and cause as much chaos as they could. Some of the groups targeted had a history in this area. Obviously they are quite frustrated that the majority will not listen to their message or side therefore they resort to disruptive tactics which in case further diminishes their lack of credibility.

3. Accolades to law enforcement for nipping this one in the butt before it was allowed to fester.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

So far, in the cases of all the raids of these so-called anarchist groups that I have read about, there have been no weapons, explosives, pointy sticks or any other weapons found. The police departments and press are pre-emptively branding these people before any crime has been committed, without any proof at all that they intend to commit criminal acts.

This is nothing more than fascist bullying by the political leadership and their eager thugs. Whatever happened to protect and serve? Is it now the job of the police to protect and serve the political agenda or the people?

join