It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia say's - And we are going to take counter measures,''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Russia say's - And we are going to take counter measures,''

www.regnum.ru

Naval show of force: 150 km between Russian Black Sea Fleet and NATO navy
Read it in Russian

By the end of August 2008, the Black Sea became a site of show of the world's greatest navies. As reported earlier, flagship of Russian Black Sea cruiser ''Moskva'' and missile cruiser ''Ivanovets'' are currently at anchorage in the Abkhazian capital Sukhum's water zone. Three more ships of the Russian Black Sea navy ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rutube.ru

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
toe to toe very soon ...

www.regnum.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Actually, the President of Abkhazia said that.

Abkhazian authorities warmly greeted Russian seamen. President of Abkhazia Sergey Bagapsh stated that the Abkhazian side is interested in the Black Sea Fleet ships' temporarily being stationed in the republic's territorial waters. ''You know yourself what a vigorous activity is now under way in Georgia, Batumi and Poti, aimed to reinforce the NATO navy presence. And we are going to take counter measures,'' he said.

And Abkhazia has already taken the only counter measure it's capable of even attempting: It's let Russia in to ward NATO off. It should be noted that the strategy is working perfectly for them, though.

Since I don't feel like dying anytime soon, I hope it continues to work and NATO keeps itself to Georgia's waters.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I think we are heading for another cold war, but the fact is that russia isn't really the power it once was. Sure they got a massive fleet in the black sea, but they got much trouble in their, corruption is flagrant, Mafia got hold of most cities and Poutine doesn't actually do anything to counter it, he is just another power money monger. I don't think they would actually start WWIII but by bringing fear into people they make it more easy to sell arms and such.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Closer and closer this conflict goes. When Europe gathers in Germany and marchs east then THEN you will know. You will know my namesake was always right.

.... I mean this is freaking nutty. You got military naval forces play 2 year old. "I'm only 3 yards from you" says nato. "Well I am only two yards away from you" says Russia.

join