It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most powerful force, love or hate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The most powerful force of Love is the mother's love for her child.

Is there any hate that beats that?

I suppose the child may form their own conclusions, but in my opinion whether you choose love or hate, it is self prophesying (spelling), but is there any hate stronger than that mother's love?

Thoughts? Esp. from women who have rejected their children.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

I suppose the child may form their own conclusions, but in my opinion whether you choose love or hate, it is self prophesying (spelling), but is there any hate stronger than that mother's love?

I think your entire premise is incredibly sexist. My kids live with me, and I love them more than their mother ever did. She could care less about them.

So yes, there may be a force more powerful than a mother's love -a father's love.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you ask me it's not about what conveys the love or hate, but who.

In my eyes it is as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
If you ask me it's not about what conveys the love or hate, but who.

But who acts in the role of what.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by redled

I think your entire premise is incredibly sexist. My kids live with me, and I love them more than their mother ever did. She could care less about them.

So yes, there may be a force more powerful than a mother's love -a father's love.

Jamie83, Could not have said it better myself. Cheers to you my fellow single father.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Im not sure if one is more power than the other but I do believe they both coexist as a unit. Says in many religious text that God loves this yet hates that.

Maybe its nothing more than the North and South poles

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

Fellow heartfelt

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Love is definitely stronger than Hate.

Love comes in many forms:
Tolerance
Humanitarianism
Parenting

and don't forget, that loving yourself is important as well!

Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattoo1377
Love is definitely stronger than Hate.

Love comes in many forms:
Tolerance
Humanitarianism
Parenting

and don't forget, that loving yourself is important as well!

Peace

Love is what makes me believe in God.

How else can you explain random groups of atoms and molecules CARING about other random groups of atoms and molecules?

There is something going on here beyond a non-spiritual explanation.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

Jamie83, Could not have said it better myself. Cheers to you my fellow single father.

Thanks!

I know mothers and fathers love their kids. I'm just tired of always hearing about how special the mothers are while the fathers are always getting blasted and ridiculed.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

Thanks!

I know mothers and fathers love their kids. I'm just tired of always hearing about how special the mothers are while the fathers are always getting blasted and ridiculed.

No ridicule, mothers hormones are more overpowering than fathers and that is how nature evolved us. I suppose I should have just said on avarage. The courts have a presumption, the exent to which is also being questioned in my country.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I would say hate. It certainly causes a lot of deaths and unhappiness. I have seen a lot of hate disguised as love. Politicians and activists are very good at saying they are doing something because they love XXX, when it is hate that actually motivates them. Animal Rights Activists come to mind. They disguise their hatred for humans as love for animals yet their shelters kill over 95% of the animals they take in.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
jamie,

I'm glad that love reinforces your beliefs, it is a good foundation to build them on.

I'm assuming you are aiming your question at my signature

For me, there is just no need to place a veil of mysticism over love. It is the logical thing to do, and pleasureable as well.
Atheists can love, just the same as theists can.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would say love is a more powerful force.

It is a decision to put someone in front of yourself, regardless if they deserve it.

Hate answers to no one but self, by always pointing the finger, although it does generally appear to be the easy way out .

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Love, no contest ! Can you imagine living in a world where the rule was to hate your neighbour ? Endless Wars, Oops, forgot about the USA

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

right, prove his sexism by posting your own sexist remarks lol

anyways, i think love and hate are equal forces , because of yin vs yang

balance of the universe stuff

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Love your signature. Do you think former world leaders and secretaries should set up their own schools?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
That is like saying good is stronger than evil. This is not so.

Love is not stronger than hate, neither is hate stronger than love.

The strength of these emotions are as strong as the will of the person carrying them.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII
That is like saying good is stronger than evil. This is not so.

Love is not stronger than hate, neither is hate stronger than love.

The strength of these emotions are as strong as the will of the person carrying them.

My original premise was that it was self prophesying. But it's funny, in the USSR around 1930, Stalin ordered all newborns into nursery by the state. Women just refused, and that is the only challenge to his authority that he never purged......

<<   2 >>

join