It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My City (Darwin)is turning into the worlds newest UFO Hotspot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Yep, the NT news has done it again. This artilce was in the paper today

FORGET barramundi fishing and crocodiles, the Territory's latest tourist attraction could be from another world.

Tourism industry representatives believe UFOs could be the next phenomenon to boost tourist numbers in the NT.

A recent spate of sightings in Territory skies has attracted global attention and is expected to attract UFO spotters from around the world. Tourism Top End president Sylvia Wolf said tour operators could soon be cashing in on the UFO hysteria.

www.ntnews.com.au...

Over the last few months here, we have had more UFO sightings than ever, and countless front page articles in the newspaper, including photos galore. Also interesting to know that the town is awash with UFO hunters (although none of them have come to see the met office yet) .Here's a couple of the latest photos....maybe we can debunk them

The above one suspicioulsy looks like one of my weather balloons. It was taken at Timber Creek, south of Darwin. I doubt it is one of our balloons, the colour is wrong, and upper prevailing winds, usually push our balloons to the east or north east, not south

This one was taken at Darwin International airport, I work at the met office there, hope I wasnt working that night because I wouldve missed it. Interesting to note that it is a combined military and civilian airport

And this to the south of us, Wycliffe Well a roadhouse, though to be the UFO capital of Australia. I actually stayed there over night while I was travelling, didnt spot any UFO's but the owners have a few good stories

www.wycliffe.com.au...

So, is it worth keeping my eyes peeled out? Im not sure, but I will update ATS of anymore sightings here
, after all, I do look at the sky every half hour as a proffesion

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The first picture looks like it could be a bird in a downward dive.

I'm ot sure about the second, it's just a streak of light.

Don't get me wrong, I know UFOs are real, but there's nothing too remarkable about those pictures. That's the problem we have when the general public submit pictures, they can think that anything's remarkable.

Keep your eyes open up there in the top end!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
The first picture looks like it could be a bird in a downward dive.

I'm ot sure about the second, it's just a streak of light.

Don't get me wrong, I know UFOs are real, but there's nothing too remarkable about those pictures. That's the problem we have when the general public submit pictures, they can think that anything's remarkable.

Keep your eyes open up there in the top end!

Really, you think it could be a bird? I couldnt see that

Im open about UFOS's too, i dont think everything is a UFO....id rather attempt to debunk it first before jumping to conclusions

It seems the parnoia is growing up here. Had a guy call my work the other week asking where my weather balloon was becuase he saw something in the sky. Turned out it was the balloon in the end

Really hoping that I do see something though

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yeah, it could be a bird. Imagine the beak pointing down, with the wings fluffed out to create the oval shape. I'm not claiming that it is a bird, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a bird. Also, there's another closer bird in the picture, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had company.

A camera only catches the single frame that it sees and birds can make many poses in the sky.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Yeah, it could be a bird. Imagine the beak pointing down, with the wings fluffed out to create the oval shape. I'm not claiming that it is a bird, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a bird. Also, there's another closer bird in the picture, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had company.

A camera only catches the single frame that it sees and birds can make many poses in the sky.

Ok, i get you now.....I couldnt see it right away

You may be interested in this story from a few months back to. Im not enitirely convinced about the couples story, but I couldnt really picture them lying about this. I mean they dont have anything to gain from it.

www.ntnews.com.au...

I wonder if they mistook the object for a military aircraft from Tindal Airforce Base, to the north of them

Im surprised that this didnt get more attention. Will keep my eyes peeled and my camera ready I guess...lol+

[edit on 29/8/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't see bird in the first picture but I do see out of focus hot air balloon.

The second one is light of some sort yes... a craft? dunno.. is it flying? hard to say.. could be a natural phenomenon? hmm dunno, although being a weatherman I would think you would be a better expert on things like atmospheric anomalies.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I don't see bird in the first picture but I do see out of focus hot air balloon.

Actually thats a good point, it could be a hot air balloon. They do a lot of hot air balloon flights out over the open country

The second one is light of some sort yes... a craft? dunno.. is it flying? hard to say.. could be a natural phenomenon? hmm dunno, although being a weatherman I would think you would be a better expert on things like atmospheric anomalies.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by NephraTari]

Yeah, it doesnt look like any atmospheric phenomenen I can think of. I know the photo was taken in a clear sky, which is normal for Darwin in the dry season. If it was closer to the south pole I wouldve suspected it would be a noctilucent or nacreous cloud, they dont happen this far north

Whatever it is, the colours are amazing

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Where i lived in Adelaide we were averaging one sighting per week !!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Are they flying over head or showing up in photos.

Canada is one the countries making UFOs.

South America must make them somewhere and perhaps
Switzerland for Europe.

England, UK must make some.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Are they flying over head or showing up in photos.

Canada is one the countries making UFOs.

South America must make them somewhere and perhaps
Switzerland for Europe.

England, UK must make some.

Ummm, I dont know about the government making them, but most of the information has been from eye witness accounts, with a few photos

There was one story which had a lot of attention as apparently four UFO's descended onto a small town. No photo eveidence of this one though but here's the link to it

www.ntnews.com.au...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I read the other day that the UFO Chaser show is heading to N.T. to do a show or 2 on the the increasing number of UFO sightings.

I sahll keep watching this thread for further updates.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cnm1976
I read the other day that the UFO Chaser show is heading to N.T. to do a show or 2 on the the increasing number of UFO sightings.

I sahll keep watching this thread for further updates.

Is there a UFO chaser show?

Hopefully they dont reduce the credibility of UFO's like many ufo researchers have done in the past.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Oz you managed to find that sroty from the NT news about the mass sighting, #, i think it was either groote or gove?

i'll see if i can hunt it down

EDIT: found it

www.ntnews.com.au...

[edit on 31-8-2008 by BalderAsir]

new topics

top topics

join