It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Bayer Plant, Shelter in Place Issued

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Explosion at Bayer Plant, Shelter in Place Issued

www.wsaz.com

INSTITUTE, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- 911 dispatchers in Kanawha County are reporting that there has been an explosion at the Bayer Cropscience Plant in Institute.

Reports indicate that fire is shooting into the air from the plant.

911 dispatchers say people should stay in their homes and stay clear of the area.

Route 25 is shut down at this time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am in Charleston. There is no shelter in place warning here as yet but there is in the area west and south of here.

One person has been injured and one is unaccounted for. Witnesses said they saw a huge fireball rise over the Bayer Crop Science plant, Another in Dunbar said houses and other buildings were shaken violently.

www.wsaz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Lilitu]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Terrorist Attack.

*Note: Not a one line post.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Odd how this explosion occurs right after Bayer is under investigation for knowingly using pesticides that they knew could and did destroy vast bee populations.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Why would terrorists attack a crop science plant?
Its obviously just an accident lots of them happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
hey guess what? this is west virginias new industry. the economy is changing and many many mothers and fathers work there. including my dad. lets remember that these are real people with real families. real feelings and real emotions. its a dangerous line of work these men and women do to ensure we have food on our tables.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It was no terrorist attack and the shelter in place alert was lifted sometime around two-ish in the AM. There is one confirmed injured and one confirmed dead, both of them plant workers. There is an unconfirmed report of another injured plant worker.

The explosion sent out a pretty beefy shock wave felt as far away as E. Charleston. I was driving at the time and thought another driver had collided with me for a moment but there were no other vehicles close enough to have hit me. I had the radio on pretty loud so I heard no explosion.

top topics

join