It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge issues death sentence for rape and murder of Idaho boy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

This is America A.D. year 2008.

Justice doesn't really come around here too often.

If there was any justice, the molesting murderer in that story would have been torn to shreds by a mob of angry parents long before he ever turned 17.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This crime needs to be punished with death.

I can only live in hope that the death penalty becomes more commonplace on this planet.

These deviants have forfeited their rights as human beings

res

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I don't usually get nostalgic, but on the subject of child molesters and rapists, I yearn for the good old days in America, when those sorts of people were put to death as a matter of course.

Rose colored glasses, I hate to say.

In the old days most people who molested children got away with it, because society was so sexually repressed it was something that couldn't even be mentioned. Denial was the rule, not punishment.

My friend was raped repeatedly by her grandfather, and her family told her to shut up and stop "telling lies" about it, because the topic was so shocking they couldn't even cope with discussing it.

She was told that she was a "filthy liar" and a "dirty little pervert" for even trying to tell people what was happening to her. Until it turned out he'd done the same thing to just about every little girl in the family. This kind of reaction was pretty much par for the course until the late 1980's...

As for the OP, I am usually opposed to the death penalty - except in the case of mass murder, or the murder of children.

If there is anyone that deserves to be put to death (preferably slowly), it's this guy.

(edit: By the way, my friend's grandfather never spent a day in jail, he died free of old age.
So much for the "good old days"
)

[edit on 8/29/08 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

xmotex - I was speaking about the frontier days, actually, not the 1940's...

I see what you're saying about repression and what-not, but the fact is, the death penalty was mandatory for rapists and child molesters back then, and that's that way I believe it should be.

The whole point of human society is to circle the wagons, so to speak, to keep people safe by protecting them from predators, two-legged and otherwise. When the predators are allowed into the fold and coddled, when we make excuses for them and try to save them instead of trying to save ourselves, we're defeating the whole purpose of society.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Unfortunately, through most of human history, the predators have been the ones that run the societies. In the 1940's, and pretty much all of human history, people like this almost always got away with what they did.

We're only now beginning to change that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join