It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mccain vote. an important consideration...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Something hit me this week...
Energy and the resulting industry is the "NEW FUTURE".
Like computers, cell phones or even locomotives this new frontier is going to change the world, the "market place" and fortunes.

America has always been at the forefront of new technologies since modernity.
This is a huge reason why the USA has been so prosperous and powerful for so long.

So far America has not jumped onto this band wagon in any meaningful way.
Meanwhile countries like CHINA, JAPAN, GERMANY, INDIA, AUSTRALIA and RUSSIA all have a considerable head start on US. At some point mankind is going to move past OIL and the push has already begun. As a nation we all bitch and moan about high gas prices, yet fail to recognize the real problem.

IF THE UNITED STATES DOES NOT FUND THIS NEW INDUSTRY IN A BIG WAY, IT WILL ONLY BE A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE OUR POWER, WEALTH AND INFLUENCE RECEDES.

The amount of money that will be generated by this new industry will be staggering.
If you think about it everything that is currently plugged in to a wall or filled with fuel will be effected. It is possible (if not likely) the resulting research might bring about a quantum leap in scientific understanding and mastery. The country or countries that lay claim to this, the science, production and patents will be jettisoned to the front of the global pack...

So to rap it all up if Mccain is elected and he does not FUND the hell out of this, well I fear for our countries future.

You think about it... what if America did not lead the way in automobiles or microprocessors or nuclear devices???

Watch your TVs and I'm sure you will notice how much money is being spent on this GREEN issue with AD bucks alone. This represents companies vying for a stake in this virgin industry - positioning if you will.

Tax cuts, wars, socialized medicine blah blah blah.

THIS IS the future and if a PRESIDENT Mccain does not realize the upmost importance of this,,, well he just can't.

Goodluck to us all!

[edit on 28-8-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

I with I could get your attention better here.

This is SO important!!!!!!!

I don't think most people realize that dropping the ball on this issue will DESTROY our economy in a way we have never experienced.

What if America would have waited ten years to produce its first car, light bulb, telephone or computer???

Answer --- we would be a second rate nation ---

Wake up on this one folks...

The worlds economy is going to double once this gets underway.

If Mccain screws up, you might as well have voted for CHINA OR INDIA.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Im sorry but i gotta ask...do you actually think this stuff up or does it fall out naturally?Just curious.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11
Im sorry but i gotta ask...do you actually think this stuff up or does it fall out naturally?Just curious!

No this one is half thought out half market driven...

Make fun of me all you want really.
But I'm telling you if either candidate does not go full funds into Green technology
our country will be so very sorry. The funny thing is you think I'm being retarded or reaching with this, but you couldn't be more wrong.

how I am incorrect???

Have you looked at Mccains energy plan????

top topics

join