It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary supporters, stop your whining and get over yourselves already.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sorry if this offends anyone but someone needs to speak out.

All we've heard since Hillary lost the primaries is how all you die hard Hillary supporters have been disenfranchised and wronged. How the nomination was taken away from her by a sexist media and a million other excuses. How she has to bring you back into the "fold". Everyday we have to watch some person on tv claiming to be a democrat and telling us how because of this they're voting for McCain.

What a bunch of childish dribble. GROW UP already!

This isn't about YOU and your hurt sensibilities and your pouting. We are voting for which direction we want this country to head towards. If you're a republican vote McCain, if you're a democrat vote Obama, it's simple. What, you're going to hold your breath and stomp your feet until the democrats switch candidates?

What is wrong with you people? So many issues facing this country, soldiers on the front line with their lives in their hands, and all you can say is ME ME ME!

Get over it, get over yourselves, and vote your conscience for the POLICIES you believe in!

Most importantly, no one owes you a damn thing, so enough with the whining and the hissy fits.

There, I certainly feel better.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You tell 'em! I'm sure that'll help win them over to Obama's side!

In fact, it IS about the voters. It is their right to decide who best represents their interest as president and honestly, who are you or I to tell her supporters to 'get over it' or 'stop whining'?

No one owes Barack Obama a damn thing, either. That includes their vote. If he wants it, he needs to earn it, and that's going to require a little humility on the part of both him and his supporters.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
We keep picking presidents for their personality and "down to earth" crap and look where it's gotten us.
We've become a high school democracy picking for class president.
Issues, issues, issues, nothing else matters.
How can anyone be so childish and irresponsible as to vote out of spite or gender or anything that's got nothing to do with anything?

[edit on 8/27/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Seriously get a grip. If Obama cant win this election he doesnt deserve to be president. Its not Hillary's fault or her supporters. Enough of the entitlement mentality.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

How can anyone be so childish and irresponsible as to vote out of spite or gender or anything that's got nothing to do with anything?

Good question ... and one you need to ask the Obama supporters. Many in the black community are voting for him simply because he is black. And many people supported him simply because he wasn't female.

You need to keep in mind that people on ATS (and other forums that discuss politics) are the ones that actually pay attention to the issues. Sadly, the majority of the general public know little more about the candidates than their names and what they look like.

If you think that the majority of people vote based on issues, I'm afraid you might be mistaken. Many voters cast their ballot based on information given to them by their friends, family or even TV ads.

I'm not a Hillary supporter, so I don't have anything to 'get over'. I do hope that Hillary's supporters don't blindly follow Obama and that they DO look at the issues and look at the challenges our country faces and decide for themselves if they really feel comfortable voting for someone who has shady connections, zero experience, and accuses others of making an issue of his race when it is, in fact, he himself, who brings race in to play.

Just my two cents.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I think that's the problem here; it IS an ideological divide. Hillary's support base tends to come from two distinctly more conservative groups than Obama's: 40+ year olds and rural/semi-rural voters. I think those people who are still holding out, while Dems, have found themselves in a position where they're almost as far from Obama ideologically as they are from McCain.

In other words, most of them are probably Reagan Democrats, representing the more conservative wing of the Democratic party. They expect Hillary to govern like Bill did, as a moderate, just as they themselves are.

So when these people are basically splitting the difference ideologically between McCain and Obama, ideology is no longer the deciding factor. It does indeed come down to 'petty' differences that they may have, or at least, it may appear that way outwardly. But if you dig under the surface, I think there's a lot more to their dissent than just bad blood. Whether they're right or wrong, I think there's a real, substantive difference in the way they viewed Hillary's policies and the way they viewed Obama's.

This is why I think Obama is going to have to greatly humble himself at this point if he wants their vote. Its also why all the speeches in the world from Hillary haven't solved this. The only person who can repair this rift between Barack Obama and Hillary's supporters is Barack Obama, and given how long this feud has been ongoing, I think he'll very much have his work cut out for him.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

So it is your opinion that if one, not you but one, wants universal healthcare, is pro-choice, and supports many other issues in the democratic agenda, should vote McCain because their feelings are hurt?
Because this is what this thread is addressing.
Obviously if you do not support those issues you were never going to vote for him.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Any hillary supporter who threatens to "vote for mccain" out of spite for hillary's loss is the poster child for ignorance.

You can vote for whoever you want to - i dont care if they "come to obama's side"

they can write in Clinton if they want, doesnt bother me.

Hillary has shown class in defeat
Her husband has not
Her supporters have not

I agree with the OP

Stop your *snip*ing already.

If you want to vote Democrat, then vote Democrat.

But don't vote for McCain simply because you're butt-hurt that Hillary lost - fair & square

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yes Hillary, burn the pantsuits!!

I made the prediction somewhere on ATS forget where...months ago...will repeat it here...since Obama didn't choose her for VP, I predict that to be his downfall...due to her fanatical followers. I really do think the polls might actually be right, that 10-20% of them will vote for McCain. So you saw it here on ATS lol.

I saw a funny bumper sticker yesterday while driving to work:

"Hillary for President
Kennedy for her driver."

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I love the bumper sticker

i bought a hillary bumper sticker too - from this guy

Hillary Bumper Sticker

im still waiting on someone to egg my car as a consequence

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hillary started her campaign with:

-More money than any other candidate,
-More name recognition,
-Connection to washington insiders,
-Wife to one of the best presidents in modern time,
-she already had a loyal voter base
and she was alread assumed to be the nominee.

Yet she lost. Now her supporters are complaining about Michigan and Florida, states she agreed to suspend, states in which one did not have Barack Obamas name. States in which many were told they could not vote because of the suspension and did not go out to vote. States in which their own leaders decided to break the rules knowing full well to risk to loosing their votes.

Its easy for Hill supporters to put blame on somebody else, its easier for Ron Paul supporters to do the same. Its easier to point complete blame to the media and the current nominees. People never want to put blame on those were running these campaigns.

If you want to vote for McCain because your sourgrapes over the reality of politics then its easy to understand why the american people were so easily played for fools over these last 8years.

Get a grip, get over it, support the current democratic nominee and wait for Hill to run again in 2012.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Darn tooting!
And he's going to clear her debts.
And he gave her back her delegates anyway.
And don't get me started on Billy.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Looks like Bill is stepping up big time.
Hallelujah!

join