It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant people.. Giant buildings..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

"On the earth there once were giants,"
-- Greek poet Homer / 400 B.C.

What is the truth behind all the giants? I read about them ALL the time.. but yet still, where did they come from exactly? Were they gods? or is there a story about gods biologically engineering tall humans? OR are they just hominoids? and it's told Darwinists ignore, hide, or destroy these types of evidence all the time.. is there some conspiracy in this, or do they just want to win the creation vs. evolution race?

Evidence:

In 1911, they found several mummified remains of red-haired humans about 70 miles northeast of Reno, Nevada. They stood about 6.5 to 8 feet tall. A skull was almost a foot long.

Then also they found teeth that are said by Darwinists to have belonged to a hominoid around 11.8 feet (3.6 meters) tall, which would have weighed in at 694 pounds (315 kilograms).

P.S. is it hominOID or hominID (without the O)?
because people keep spelling it different ways, and i'm confused.
(are they two different things?)

to read more about this, follow the link:
Giants & Cannibalism (this is not graphic)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lizzipwn

Your reno reference is almost correct, there is a site near reno that has yielded the remains of caucasoid people, but they were not 6-1/2 to 8 ' tall they were under six foot.
And the heads? I dont know what to say.

But in reality, the people were caucasoid and lived at the site for quite some time(several hundred years). They are culturaly the same as other asiatic people living in the area. The made clothes of the same fibers, they made baskets with the same materials and patterns.
Over time the caucasoid people intermingled into the rest of the population, and they disappeared.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I came across some videos on you tube about "Giants". The only thing I have really heard about them was they were the Nephilium.. Check out this link, maybe it can give you an idea what I am talking about... Its just a theory though.. No proof as far as science goes.

www.nwcreation.net...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
6.5 to 8 feet tall is not too crazy sounding. The tallest person ever on record was nearly 9 feet tall. The current tallest living person is 8'6" tall. They've discovered tribes of pygmies that averaged 4 1/2 feet in height, why not a tribe of really tall people? 11-Feet tall sounds really superhuman though, but giants are quite popular in mythology.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
where are the ` giant buildings ` you cite in your thread title ?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Doesn't Robert Wadlow hold the Guinness book of records for height at 8'5"?

Who is alive now that is 8'6"?

[edit on (8/28/08) by gnosis111]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
IIRC - leonid Stadnyk is the worlds tallest living human

and the medical complications that plague all the recent record holders should serve as a warning that the human ` template ` does not simply scale up without complications

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

hello there

you may want to look into this

The Historia Augusta says that the roman emperor maximus thrax (235-238 A.D.) was 8 ft 6 in tall (2.6 metres),

In 1578, Sir Francis Drake’s ships chaplain, Francis Fletcher described meeting very tall Patagonians.

In the 1590s, Anthonie Knivet, claimed that he had seen dead bodies in Patagonia over twelve feet long.

david

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Robert Wadlow was measured at 8 feet 11.1 inches at the time of his death.

Wikipedia Link

Leonid Stadnyk is the world's current tallest living human at 8 feet 6 inches.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Thats right!! My bad. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The website from which you're taking most of your information isn't even very interesting as fiction, let alone compelling in the least bit as fact. I happen to believe that there probably were very large races of hominids wandering around at one time. I believe there may still be pre-historic hominids wandering around the desert. I believe in sasquatch. I wanna believe in many, many things. I'm as sympathetic an audience as you'll find, but I also never developed a fondness for the fragrance of barns inhabited by cows and horses.

From the site " So, were there real giants on the earth? You bet! Why I know so? Because God says so in His Bible. Period. But, of course, that period is enough for me and those who have experienced the veracity of the only Holy Book on the planet in our own lives. (No, I'm not politically correct. I hate hypocrisy) For the rest, who have not had such personal experience or those of weak Faith I give you this photo of a 47-inches human femur of a 14-16 feet tall giant, which says it all.". I'm afraid "Because the Bible tells me so" has never been compelling to me and as soon as I see someone admit that they begin with the Bible and then stumble backwards and call it "reason" I get really skeptical really quickly.

As for Homer's references to "giants", Homer also wrote about immortal nymphs who seduce quickwitted crafty mortals and tantalize them with the prospects of an eternity of leisure and carnal pleasure. I'd much rather have the nymphs than the giants, thanki you very much, so if we're picking and choosing from ancient fairytales let's go that route.

top topics

join