It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generations Of Stars Pose For Family Portrait

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Generations Of Stars Pose For Family Portrait

www.sciencedaily.com

ScienceDaily (Aug. 25, 2008) — A new image from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope tells a tale of life and death amidst a rich family history. The striking infrared picture shows a colorful cosmic cloud, called W5, studded with multiple generations of blazing stars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Very beautiful picture for everyone that appreciates this stuff.

-Kdial1

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here is the link to the image

www.nasa.gov...

and the high res version is also listed on that page.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

OMG that is a BEAUTIFUL picture !!! Thanks for the link.

Sorry but that's all i have to say right now, i'm gonna go back and look at that picture some more.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
That was so gorgeous that I am making it my avatar, and my background, and I am going to have walmart print it out for me in a nice poster size with a frame. Thanks a bunch for that. I had kinkos print out the super huge mars crater poster years back. The full size would have been 12 feet long, I had it cut down to four.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I used to have a whole folder with images like that for my backgrounds. I would never be able to decide one I can stay looking at, so I use a random desktop generator to shuffle through all my backgrounds. I lost all the images I used to have in a hd crash.

You would not by chance happen to have a collection on hand would you?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Pic looks just like my vision of heaven.
Truly awesome.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I was thinking i'd like to have it printed up in a very large size and put it up on the ceiling.

It would be great to lay down and look up at that, great way to relax after a long day.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I had a picture of some coral reefs that a diver in New Zealand sent me through reefcentral printed out in 16X20 through walmart.com photo center.I do believe it only cost like less than $20. would prefer to have this picture in its full size of course, which is something like 25 X 31.25 if you are using the high resolution image (2400X3000). In fact I will find out how much it costs right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
$15.86 with free shipping to any walmart photo center in your area (entire country) . Actually $14.28 with my discount. Awesome this is so cool.

Hey I am allowed to do this right? The Reef pictures I was ok because I had the photgraphers permission. But this was publicly available through the web, and I am not going to make money off of it. Just for my personal collection. I am not breaking any laws right?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I don't think so it's on the net. But maybe since it's on NASA's website you could just email them and ask them if it's ok.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I forgot about tax, it ended up being $15.27 for a 25X30 poster size. I could not resist, it will be at my store between 9/5 and 9/8

I wonder what other High res photos I can find on their website. I wouldnt mind utilizing a whole wall for this stuff if it looks as good as that.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I must have just downloaded close to 70-80 mb's of images from that website in the last twenty minutes. Thanks for the post kdial. I have finally rebuilt my collection of images of the universe again. Ill have to look aroudn some more hehe.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

No problem, these pictures have always fascinated me and still to this day continue to make me look at them in awe.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Another astounding picture to make my brain hurt.

It makes you so frustrated we live in such a boring bit of the Universe..Adds to my theory we were dumped here

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey wait a minute, I think the picture is upside down.
Or maybe it should really be in landscape mode?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Say what you will about NASA, but they sure make pretty desktop backgrounds.
I really love these pictures, but I find it a little heartbreaking that they are essentially black & white images colored by an artist. And I do think the artist went just a little overboard with the green in this case...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yea when you think about it, if we look up at the sky, we are seeing exactly what we see in these pictures. The stuff is there, its just our eyes are not designed to be able to disipher it.

The tehnology can see what we cant, but the reality is not necessarily in those brilliant colors. Still would be nice though. The stuff dreams are made of.

new topics

top topics

join