It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Hope is Gone - The New Slipknot Album - Opinions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I don't own the album but I've heard a lot of it and I think it's one of those albums that will grow on me over time. It just doesn't sound like the Slipknot I grew up with. They've definately matured musically but I can't decide if I love or hate it.

At the moment, I'm feeling abit disappointed by it.

What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
im listening to it right now, and its better than i was expecting. its like a mix of vol 3 and iowa on first impression.

ill have to listen to it afew times before i form my final opinion though.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I love the album now. 100%. It's very different to what I was expecting and every song feels different, which is good. The track, "Snuff" is utterly amazing. The whole album feels really dark, which is a good thing IMO.

Corey has done an amazing job with his vocals, as usual.

Here's abit of useless information - The guy that mixed this album, Colin Richardson, lives near me. He also produces alot of metal albums, Trivium, etc. Although, I hate Trivium!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
My preliminary report=Rubbish
I haven't heard all of it yet but heard a fair portion at a mates house the other day and was not impressed.If i wanted to hear Corey sing id buy a stonesour album.These guys pretty much went metallica after their first album although iowa had a few deace songs.I also wrote somewhere else about how rubbish they were live.
So my recommendation=Dont buy the album and dont go see the show

new topics

top topics

join