It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Mountains in Colorado.... and other madness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hi All.

I lived in CO for a while and when I was heard persistant rumors that there was an underground highway connecting (at the very least) Denver and Cos Springs. Othertimes I heard that the entire front range was hollow and used for military purposes.

Sometimes I'd hear friend-of-a-friend sort of story from a current or ex military person who has supposedly worked there, but most of the time it was just something people talked about at took for granted, like one might say, "Yeah, sure, there's an aquifer underneath us." Addmitidly, this is only anecdotal testimony, but I was very surprised by the number of people who seemed to buy into it.

Also, as another member and I were discussing in private... the Denver/CSPGS/Pueblo area of Colorado is sometimes a very strange one...

For example, every few months, anyone who had a remote-control garage door would find it going haywire.

I have always wondered if thing like this were because of the military presence, or if they were there because the land might have some sort of Tommyknocker-esque power source.

If anybody has stories of that specific "highway" or general stories of weirdness from that area, then please post them here!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Drats! I couldn't find any information solely on the highway, but here is one of my favorites regarding DIA and the underground bases/roads.

Denver Airport Underground

Because NORAD is just south of Colorado Springs. (Well, actually, the city has sort of grown around it but of course NORAD keeps its distance with high level security.)

Because there is an Air Force base here, an Army base, and the Air Force Academy all within this one city, one can easily understand why we are involved in such stories.

The underground highway rumored to be between NORAD and Denver has been around for awhile, and it is one of my favorite ones.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm sorry i dont have any specific stories to add here, but I have heard alot of talk about the Denver airport. Employees there have said that there are deep tunnels beneath it and that the construction of the airport accommodates a large underground base of some sort. I would bet that the highway you talk about is connected to the airport, which is a scary thought for what its purpose might be.

Maybe they want to move dissenters secretly to prison camps around the country, or it could be an evacuation route for the power players to escape coming events without public interference. It may or may not exist, but it is interesting to speculate.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
Drats! I couldn't find any information solely on the highway, but here is one of my favorites regarding DIA and the underground bases/roads.
/quote]

That seems to be the case with me, too. I've heard theories that there are highways everywhere but really nothing other than whispers of just this specific one.

My other favorite Denver theory, is the one that the US government is covertly moving the capitol from DC to Devner.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

My other favorite Denver theory, is the one that the US government is covertly moving the capitol from DC to Devner.

I doubt they would get the White House on a truck and down a tunnel

Joking aside, there are a lot of stories about DIA, some very creepy ones also, the one i think creeps me out the most is the stories of kids being abducted for experiments, reality tells me its BS, but a little niggly feeling inside, keeps it roaming around in my head.

Its true that kids go missing, a thread on ATS not long ago reported the alleged numbers, and it was by no means a small number, add to that Adults, because we do not know where most of these people go, stories like underground bases under DIA, added to rumors of experiments, and its very creepy indeed.

There was a thread a few days back about someone who saw a lady being taken through one of the keypad doors, I may have seen a person abducted at Denver airport

Its not impossible for there to be a road connecting different bases, There is still the remains of a four lane highway under Berlin, so its not impossible.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I think you might be thinking, at least in part, of Cheyenne Mountain outside of Colorado Springs. I mini city underneath the mountain...
DocMoreau

en.wikipedia.org...

The unique design of this facility makes it one of the most unusual installations in the world. Apart from the fact that it is housed 2,000 feet (600 m) into the mountain, it is also notable in that it is a joint and binational military organization comprising over 200 men and women from the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Canadian Forces.
The mountain is also home to several civilian facilities, including the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
reply to post by asmeone2

I think you might be thinking, at least in part, of Cheyenne Mountain outside of Colorado Springs. I mini city underneath the mountain...
DocMoreau

en.wikipedia.org...

The unique design of this facility makes it one of the most unusual installations in the world. Apart from the fact that it is housed 2,000 feet (600 m) into the mountain, it is also notable in that it is a joint and binational military organization comprising over 200 men and women from the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Canadian Forces.
The mountain is also home to several civilian facilities, including the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun.

That is NORAD, which I spoke about in my first post.

A very interesting place. I wish they still allowed public tours, but thanks to 911 that is no longer allowed.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
[For example, every few months, anyone who had a remote-control garage door would find it going haywire. ]

I am a secretary for a Residential Repair Company and this happens around here all the time and I am in Texas ...in fact when we get one call for garage door openers we end up with several that week ...then we dont have one for a long time ..then we have several in the same week again ....but the same thing happens with dishwashers and Washers and Dryers ...one week we have a bunch of dryers ..then the next week its refrigerators ..etc etc ................

I just finished watching those Alex Jones videos ..and he kept mentioning the Mountains behind those prisons and the camera kept looking at them ...(almost like SEE SEE do you know whats going on in those mountains) ..it just kept going through my head wondering why he kept mentioning those Mountains because it was completely off topic for him to keep on about it ..do you think he is trying to tell us the same thing you are ?

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Prob off topic ...but before I had even heard of experiments in underground caves etc ....I had a dream one time that I had to run and hide from the law (which I am not a criminal lol) ......and I ran into these underground ditches that led me inside of a cave ...when I walked in ..it looked like a Drs Office ...with rooms everywhere ..the doors were all opened and Scientists with white coats on were working on people doing experiments of all kinds ..even opening up their brains and doing things to them ..the Scientists did not see me so I just ran out quickly ..and then I woke up ..

new topics

top topics

join