It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry North Korea threatens nuclear U-turn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Angry North Korea threatens nuclear U-turn

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- North Korea said Tuesday it has stopped disabling its nuclear plants and will consider restoring them because the United States has not removed it from a list of states that sponsor terrorism.

The communist nation said it halted the dismantling of the plutonium-producing plants on August 14, the state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported.

The North "will consider soon a step to restore the nuclear facilities in (Yongbyon) to their original state," the North Korean Foreign Ministry said in a statement that KCNA carried.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just when you thought progress was being made.

Looks like North Korea wants the U.S. to simply take their word that the programs have been dismantled without proper verification.

Back to square one.

- Lee

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They do this every time. They act as though they are fulfilling their pledge long enough to get a bunch of free stuff from us and then they go back on their word. The sad part is that we fall for it every time.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think the USA has to shoulder a bit of the blame for this one.

Last year, the USA agreed to remove NK from the state-sponsor list in return for dismantling it's nuke programs. NK has been doing that pretty actively, but the USA keeps throwing up new demands that must be met to do what they've already agreed to do.

The last time things fell apart, it was because the USA refused to unlock international assets that they'd frozen - even though it was agreed they'd do so at the bargaining table.

I'm getting pretty sick of it. Every time the USA pulls crap like this i find myself stuck behind army convoys on the highway...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
And this is the last thing the US needs from what is happening all over the World.

The trouble in Russia & Georgia seems still far from over.

Pakistan Coalition broke up. (Another country that has nuclear weapon)

Hope that this won't lead to another World War.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well the powers that be hope it does >.

top topics

join