It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrail Patent?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
If contrails are a naturally occuring phenominon, (As natural as planes are anyway ) why would there be a patent for creating contrails?

United States Patent 3899144

Light scattering pigment powder particles, surface treated to minimize inparticle cohesive forces, are dispensed from a jet mill deagglomerator as separate single particles to produce a powder contrail having maximum visibility or radiation scattering ability for a given weight material.

The present invention is also suitable for use in other aircraft vehicles to generate contrails or reflective screens for any desired purpose.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Because they affect the environment by trapping out going long wave radiation during the night time, trapping in the heat and creating warmer temperatures. Plus most of the fuel burning process emits hydrocarbons like cars do, increasing the presence of greenhouse gases in the atmopshere

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

He said "deagglomerator"

Ok enough of that. Just speculating now. It has been theorized that contrails could limit the solar radiation hitting the Earth's surface enough to limit the effects of global warming.

Perhaps someone is jumping on a patent in case, at some point, there could be monetary gain in the enhancement of contrails. It's been known to happen.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by VIKINGANT

He said "deagglomerator"

That is officially my chuckle for the day!!!

Oz,
That does not explain the need for a patent on a 'con'trail device. you can do better than that surely!

[edit on 26/8/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Jet mill deagglomerator Schematic.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by utmostbastard]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think the use of the word contrail is a tad misleading

No idea exactly what it's for (sky writing?) but I'm pretty sure contrails have been around for 100 years, are made of ice particles - not paint! - and cannot be patented.

But as this is skunks works perhaps the OP would care to enlighten us as to how this constitutes a conspiracy?

Edit: guess who didn't bother to read down below the adverts? Doh!

Anyway, answers my questions:

Source

The present invention is for a powder generator requiring no heat source to emit a "contrail" with sufficient visibility to aid in visual acquisition of an aircraft target vehicle and the like. The term "contrail" was adopted for convenience in identifying the visible powder trail of this invention. Aircraft target vehicles are used to simulate aerial threats for missile tests and often fly at altitudes between 5,000 and 20,000 feet at speeds of 300 and 400 knots or more. The present invention is also suitable for use in other aircraft vehicles to generate contrails or reflective screens for any desired purpose.

So it provides a means of producing an imitation 'contrail' made not out of ice but out of powder.

Now, before anyone jumps the gun - this does not prove that chemtrails are real
But, if you can find evidence of apparent contrails being produced when atmospheric conditions are such that they should not occur, then maybe a machine like this is the cause?

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Essan]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Yes. Contrail is misleading if you are in fact creating a chemtrail.

The term "contrail" was adopted for convenience in identifying the visible powder trail of this invention

Obviously “Contrail” is more convenient than “chemtrail”

Skywriting is one option. But to point out again….

The present invention is also suitable for use in other aircraft vehicles to generate contrails or reflective screens for any desired purpose.

I am quite sure that nobody would put it their patent application
“…for the purpose of spreading harmful chemicals over the population”

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT

I am quite sure that nobody would put it their patent application
“…for the purpose of spreading harmful chemicals over the population”

I agree

But all we have is a patent for a device that might be used for such purposes (and, by inference, the suspicion that other such devices may exist)

This does not prove that chemicals are being deliberately sprayed, and certainly not to any great extent. For that we need either a) visible evidence (there is none) or b) evidence such spraying is not visible (harder to obtain).

Visible evidence can be readily obtained should we observe contrails being produced when it can be shown that atmospheric conditions are not conducive for normal contrail formation Given the number of years people have been investigating the subject, I find the complete lack of such evidence significant. Nonetheless, this is the way forward.

Obviously one cannot obtain such evidence simply from looking up from the ground. One needs to know the altitude of any aircraft producing contrails and the atmospheric conditions at that altitude. The latter readily obtainable in the form of atmospheric soundings - produced several times a date a various airports around the world by the release of weather balloons. Such info is needed by pilots -military, commercial and private - and thus freely available in an accurate form.

However, it seems more likely that any spraying - depending on its purpose of course, would more likely take place either over areas well away from any site from which soundings are available or, more likely, over unpopulated areas. 70% of the Earths surface is water. And most of the rest has only small pockets of population.

In short: if any spraying is taking place over populated areas, especially cities in Europe or America, we should be able to prove it within a matter of days. If it's over more remote regions, or it takes a form which is not visible from the ground, proof becomes more problematic.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
How can anyone deny chemtrails when the German Government admitted they were spraying chemtrails?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Because the German govt did nothing of the sort - they admitted that weather radar had been affected by anti radar chaff deployed during military exercises. The same thing has been known to affect radar in the US as well. The news story was then twisted and misrepresented by certain persons and fake subtitles added to a TV news story which was then posted in youtube. I don't know why.

Of course, if chemtrails are really just chaff then, whilst we won't see anything from the ground, we can easily identify them just by looking at the radar

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Because the German govt did nothing of the sort - they admitted that weather radar had been affected by anti radar chaff deployed during military exercises. The same thing has been known to affect radar in the US as well. The news story was then twisted and misrepresented by certain persons and fake subtitles added to a TV news story which was then posted in youtube. I don't know why.

Of course, if chemtrails are really just chaff then, whilst we won't see anything from the ground, we can easily identify them just by looking at the radar

Anti-radar chaff? Fake subtitles? Well then please use your German translating skills to tell us what the news story says.

Besides that, here is part of letter from a member of the German parliament

July 8 (2004)

GERMAN PARLIAMENTARIAN ADMITS CHEMTRAILS
A serving board member of Greenpeace Germany from 1984-1990, and now chair of the Committee for Culture and Media of the Federal German Parliament, Monika Griefahn replies to a letter from two chemtrail activists, stating: “I am in basic agreement with your concerns. Instead of making a concerted and determined effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions throughout the world, experiments of various kinds are being carried out in the earth's atmosphere in order to cure the symptoms… I share your concern over the use of aluminium or barium compounds which have a considerable toxic potential. However, so far as I am aware the extent of their use is so far minimal.”

Do a web search for Monika Griefahn if you do not believe it.

So, care to try again?

Meanwhile, please research the Chinese efforts at manipulating weather, as well as Douglas McArthur's speech where he says weather manipulation should be outlawed.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
See here:

contrailscience.com...

Perhaps you'd care to watch the video and tell me where chemtrails are mentioned?

(btw the German word for chemtrail is ...... chemtrail)

Now, can we please get back on topic and discuss the possible ramifications of a device as referred to by the OP and how we might determine whether it is operation?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't know guys, but if you live here in northern illinois, you'd believe in them..... They absolutely wipe out th sky. Sometime's we get these black beams that run along side them.... or are left behind after the CHEMTRAIL disperses.... They run in patterns...zigzaging eachother...I have been following this for along time and have always been a skywatcher...always... i know for certain that they are worse than they have ever been... I live in the back yard of two major airports and a bunch of millitary and smaller ones as well... i am aware of flight patterns based on weather... i am aware that some days are worse than others with these... but i have seen these things turn them on and off, i have noticed them wip u turns and head back into systems... i have seen planes at the same altitude in the same area of sky leave normal contrails while some leave huge trails....

if the speculation or theory of it being aluminum dioxide which would cause flu like symtems.... why the increases of things like west nile virus or asian brd flu which would cause flu like symptoms.... why the testing showing higher levels of aluminum dioxide near these airports...(which i will dig up with more time... what of these questions??? what of these black beams?? what of these same altitude planes and differences in there contrails??

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
All you need to do is show that such activity occurs on days when, according to normal atmospheric physics, contrails should not occur.

It's Essan's little challenge - and should only take a few days. After all these years of debate we can prove chemtrails are real.

Any takers?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I would oblige essan.. if you need hep im in!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Spraying Heavy Metals To Stop Global Warming

The proof is there for all to see.

People such as (you know who) are here to help you deny the reality and to sideline and derail people who have pertinent and important information to release concerning the man-made, and dangerous chemtrail phenomenon.

The reality is so frightening that having a self-proclaimed expert on hand to create a meme of plausible deniability is actually an effective way of causing people to dismiss the chemtrail phenomenon.

But then you take a look at the evidence, and the malevolent intent becomes self-evident. planes (either NATO or Private) are spraying something on the densely populated areas in the countries that are a part of NATO.

*Keep in mind, there are NO LAWS against or even about weather modification in North America. If you are a billionaire and you want it to rain on city where your ex-wife lives, you can. If you want to cause a drought or flood your farming competitions and you have the money - there is NOTHING stopping you.

There are no laws prohibiting Weather modification in the United States. Every country that joins NATO has their weather modification laws repealed or altered to suit the purposes of NATO and the Aerosolized Defense Grid.

The Government loves you and I'm a meteorologist so you have to believe me
(I'm your resident Weather Expert. I speak with authority. j/k.)

Edit: I see that both of you have refused my challenge to a debate on this issue. It does not surprise me that the two 'experts' who inhabit chemtrail threads will refuse to debate members who have Valid credentials and experience debating the matter. I only challenged them because I predicted they would refuse and then they would go on to challenge newer members, who are unaware of their reputation. I see my predictions were accurate.

Such debates, especially on important subject such as chemtrails, are a blatant effort to force members with important information to confine their efforts to a single thread. Do not do this. This matter is of utmost importance and must be discussed in public. Do not give in, you will only be concealing your information and contributions from the larger audience (which is the very purpose of tricking you into such a debate).

Even if you win, you'll still lose: You will have already been sidetracked into debating an opponent who will never believe you and who will go on acting as a sycophant, denying the evident reality of man-made chemtrails. Not to mention that hardly anyone else will get to see your contributions.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
Spraying Heavy Metals To Stop Global Warming

"*Keep in mind, there are NO LAWS against or even about weather modification in North America. If you are a billionaire and you want it to rain on city where your ex-wife lives, you can. If you want to cause a drought or flood your farming competitions and you have the money - there is NOTHING stopping you. "

[edit on 28-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

That is an interesting angle i never thought of, i suppose if you did
have enough cash and wanted to ruin your competitors crop that
would be a way of doing so, has anyone ever put a camera outside
aimed up at the sky and recorded all day and played it back to catch
a plane with one of these devices working (or similar) that would be
one way of finding out i think. i live in the UK so i don't think we have
the problems like you seem to have like in the USA but then it is always
bloody raining here!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

(For the benefit of All Mankind)
-By Truelight

www.chycho.com... - Germany admits chemtrail operations

www.rense.com... - Chemtrails coming out the closet

www.evergreenaviation.com... - Evergreen aviation spray planes

home.iae.nl... - Chemical testing admitted

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.2977.IH: - Kucinich bill HR.2977

globalresearch.ca... - Weather modification

weatherwars.info... - weatherwars

www.redding.com... - news article

www.bbsradio.com... - radio article

www.holmestead.ca... - chem link

members.aol.com... - chem link 2

educate-yourself.org... - educate yourself chemlink 3

www.holmestead.ca... - evergreen cia front

www.carnicom.com... - carnicom 1

www.abovetopsecret.com... - ats thread

www.holmestead.ca... - more cia link

www.carnicom.com... - carnicom 2

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com... - forbidden knowledge chemtrails link

www.alienzoo.com... - alien zoo link

home.iae.nl... - chemical testing admission

www.sourcewatch.org... - cia links

www.lewrockwell.com... - cia tie in 2

www.abovetopsecret.com... - another ats thread

www.bariumblues.com... - barium blues

www.abovetopsecret.com... - bioweapons tested on citizens

www.carnicom.com... - aircraft mechanics claim

www.apfn.org... - biological experiments on citizens

foia.state.gov... - foia link

www.lib.berkeley.edu... - declassified documents

www.wramc.army.mil... - walter reed army docs

www.wramc.army.mil... -

creeping nematodes

www.chemtrailcentral.com... - Chemtrail central

weatherwars.info... - weather wars

www.youtube.com... - scott stevens youtube vid

illuminatimatrix.wordpress.com... - alt chemtrail view

www.rense.com... - weather modification rense

www.chycho.com... - german army admits spraying

news.bbc.co.uk... - usa admits chem weapons testing

www.timesonline.co.uk... - times online article

globalresearch.ca... - canadian site

www.abovetopsecret.com... - ATS thread

www.infowars.com... - info wars link

en.wikipedia.org... - wiki chemtrails

www.youtube.com... youtube vid , toxic sky

www.metacafe.com... toxic sky part 2

video.google.com... google video, clouds of death

www.bariumblues.com... haarp patent

www.montalk.net... montalk cloudbusting info

www.youtube.com... youtube search cloudbusting

www.freepatentsonline.com... patents list

www.patentstorm.us... patents list 2

video.google.com...# - google video wilhelm reich

www.geocities.co.jp... torsion fields

chem11.proboards2.com... - chemtrails discussion

www.exopolitics.org.uk... - chemtrails and orbs

www.bariumblues.com... orbs photo'd

www.youtube.com... youtube vid

www.rense.com... more rense research

www.novavax.com... novax site

www.montalk.net... - chemtrails and sars

www.guardian.co.uk... - newspaper story

www.youtube.com... youtube vid

www.proliberty.com... - proliberty site

www.myhero.com... - dr rosalie bertell biography

www.youtube.com... dr rosalie bertell states chemtrails real

www.youtube.com... dr rosalie bertell on haarp

www.whale.to... chemtrails site

divinecosmos.com... david wilcock site

www.divinecosmos.com... david wilcock alt link

www.youtube.com... youtube cloudbuster search

www.youtube.com... youtube cloudbuster search 2

www.uow.edu.au... sci fraud

seattlepi.nwsource.com... sci article 1

www.nature.com... sci article 2

physicsandphysicists.blogspot.com... sci article 3

(Cont...)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Here is the list so far of supporting links provided by Chemtrail Theorists to this discussion PART2

www.geocities.co.jp... - geocities site

montalk.net... - timeline dynamics

enterprisemission.com... nato aerosol defence

members.tripod.com... aerosol defence 2

enterprisemission.com... aerosol defence 3

montalk.net... HAARP earthquakes hurricanes

www.bariumblues.com... - reason for chemtrails

www.willthomas.net... - concern over chemtrails

Books Etc

Amazon books on chemtrails

Dr. Len Horowitz, "Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare".

A.K. Johnston, PhD. "UFO tactics: Weather Shield to Chemtrails".

K. Ya. Kondratyev, : "Climatic Effects of Aerosols and Clouds".

William Thomas, "Chemtrails Confirmed".

Tim Swartz and Timothy Beckley, "The Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla: HAARP-Chemtrails and Secret of Alternative 4".

Ed Regis, "The Biology of Doom: America's Secret Germ Warfare Project".

J.D. Aber and K.J. Nadelhoffer, "Nitrogen Saturation in Northern Forest Ecosystems." Bioscience, 39 (1989) pages

378-386

American Geophysical Union, "Jet contrails to be significant climate factor by 2050," AGU press release no. 99-19,

6/21/99

R.B. Ames and W.C. Malm, "Estimating the Contribution of the Mohave Coal-fired Power Plant Emissions to Atmospheric

Extinction at Grand Canyon National Park." In Visual Air Quality" Aerosols and Global Radiation Balance, Air and

Waste Management Association, Pittsburgh, Pa., 683-697, 1997.

Marcus Dalton, "Chemtrails Are Over Las Vegas." Las Vegas Tribune, vol. 7 Issue 3, 8/19/05

S.L. Baughcum, "Subsonic aircraft emission inventories, In:Atmospheric Effects of Aviation:First Report of the

Subsonic Assessment Project." NASA RP-1385, pp. 15-29, 1996

Bill Gallagher, "Chemical Aurora Keyhole Surveillance." Arizona Indymedia, May 2004

Laura Kelly, "Mysterious powder shrouds area." The Alpenhorn News, Feb. 2006

D.M. Hunten, "Residence Times of Aerosols and Gases in the Stratosphere." Geophysical Research Letters 2(1): 26-27,

A.C. Mueller, "The Effects of Particulates from Solid Rocket Motors Fired in Space." Advances in Space Research 5

(2): 77-86, 1985.

U. Schumann, "In Situ Observations of Particles in Jet Aircraft Exhausts and Contrails for Different Sulfur-

Containing Fuels." Journal of Geographical Research, Vol. 101, Issue D3, 1996.

weather mod patents

6569393-5/27/03-Method and Device for Cleaning the Atmosphere.
6520425-2/18/03-Proces and Apparatus for the Production of Nanofibers.
6412416-7/2/02-Propellant-Based Aerosol Generation Devices and Method.
6315213-11/13/01-Method of Modifying Weather.
6263744-7/24/01-Automated Mobility-Classified-Aerosol Detector.
6056203-5/2/00-Method and Apparatus for Modifying Supercooled Clouds.
6030506-2/29/00-Preparation of Independently Generated Highly Reactive Chemical Species.
5984239-11/16/99-Weather Modification by Artificial Satellite.
5762298-6/9/98-Use of Artificial Satellites in Earth Orbits Adaptively to Modify the Effect that Solar Radiation

Would Otherwise Have on Earth's Weather.
5628455-5/13/97-Method and Apparatus for Modification of Supercooled Fog.
5286979-2/15/94-Process for Absorbing Ultraviolet Radiation Using Dispersed Melanin.
5104069-4/114/92-Apparatus and Method for Ejecting Matter from an Aircraft.
5038664-8/13/94-Method for Producing a Shell of Relativisitic Particles at an Altitude Above the Earth's Surface.
4999637-3/12/91-Creation of Artificial Ionization Clouds Above the Earth.
4873928-10/17/89-Nuclear-Sized Explosions without Radiation.
4686605-8/11/87-Method and Apparatus for Altering a Region in the Earth's Atmosphere, Ionosphere, and/or

Magnetosphere.
5218374-6/8/93-Power Beaming System with Printer Circuit Radiating Elements Having Resonating Cavities.

<<   2 >>

join