It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's hard to find any pics of near pure blooded Ainu people. Most of them are somewhat heavily mixed with Japanese.

This isn't a very good pic either:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yep and most ainu people today dont admit it because of oppression. I think Ill research ainu language to find any simularities between them and Native americans

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
If Atlantis sank to ground how come with today's technology of underwater subs and sonars, we haven't yet found a "lost city" under water?

You can't tell me that it sank ALL the way down so that our sonars can't detect it because not even the creatures in the Abyss can survive the extreme preasures of the at the end of the Earth's crust.

It is too hot down there, and that is where magnatism and rock meet. Always platanic movements down there, too dangerous, does not allow for any sutible HUBs.

My guess is that nobody is looking for the lost city or continent with the money and resources to scan the bottom of the oceans. The governments would only fund research for the routes the military submarines would take.
The only way someone could come across some sort of underwater discovery would be by accident. Usually people explore for fun, riches, or fame.
In no way has mankind mapped the entire bottom of the oceans. Its too deep!
Many findings are found on accident, either by searching for sunken treasure or some clue in legend exposed a site. Such as in a case with sunken ruins near Japan.

But I would like to mention that the recent findings in the Caribbean are brought about by the desire of wealth. Fidel Castro of Cuba hired a Canadian research team to side scan sonar around Cuba to find sunken ships that may have carried gold and riches. They found a few already, but around the date of June 2000, the researchers stumbled across strange sonar readings about 2000 ft. below the sea, between Cuba's western tip and the Yucatan Peninsula. The density readings were sending back images of a metropolitan-like layout (I think it was said that the strange reading encompassed six square miles). In 2002 they sent down a small robotic rover to take snap shots to determine if the anomolies were natural or man made. What the images revealed was that the site is covered by a blanket of sand. Some of the megaliths were protruding out of the sand. One news site published some of their findings and video shots. I have saved these images and the news article describing their research. One image shows a large smooth curved stone, with a line carved down the side. Another image shows a stone with a squared off corner. A third image shows a stone pyramid carved out of another square stone. The last image is weird: its a dark, rough, rounded stone with a solid white triange on its side.
The researchers want to do much more, but they do not have the funding or technology. They've been trying to get National Geographic's help, but they either are keeping it secret or don't want to get involved. Maybe the embargo thing with Cuba is a big problem for a team effort. The Canadian team has been doing their best to get some sort of proof to show others that its worth investing in. The complete news story I found is located at this link. But lately the site has put up a requirement to subscribe in order to see the articles. I grabbed the details before that.

The topic is as follows:
Part 1 - Update On Deep Water Megalithic Stones
and Structures Near Western Cuba
� 2003 by Linda Moulton Howe

www.earthfiles.com...

The article is dated as:
September 24, 2003 Havana, Cuba
ADC International. Paulina Zelitsky and Paul Weinzweig

They also show some side scan sonar layouts over the region as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm sure Atlantis has already been found and that the information is kept secret for one reason or another - Governments of the world seem to have a lot of secrets abour the "truth" of things.
Also, who said Atlantis was natural? It sounds artificial more than anything else, which makes it very plausible that it did sink within a day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join