It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another invasion of privacy but its ok because its for the kids.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Also... who do you think caused this sudden "rise" in child predators? The same sleaze bags that caused society to malfunction. The same people who create the problem and then present us with a solution.

Boy, do I ever have to agree with you there. I had to write a report for a class recently and found a ton of just odd ball stories. Everyone here is in a state of panic over a GPS tracker, yet there are news stories of parents being called perverts and having the police called on them for "photographing their own children" ( In a park / beach ) ...

Which would be scarier? Being able to find your wandering child or being hauled off and your child sent into government custody because you took pictures of them playing on the swing?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Fer cripes sake, you people are something else. You make it as if one chooses to use this on/off/ parent-controlled device, that the one will automatcially succomb to implants.

Ugh.

There comes a time in raising children where it is important to teach them survival skills. Various examples: Don't wander off, stay with the group, know your surroundings, always know where the exit is, listen to your gut when dealing with people, pay attention to your path so you do not get lost, when you do get lost know strategies for getting help.

To boil it down: You have to let go and let them learn. "Parent Control led device" you say? The parents are not always going to be there and this device will stunt the emotional growth and quell the instinct of many generations. Just like people who use GPS in their cars, they say they have lost thier natural navigational skills because they become so dependent on the nice reliable easy to use GPS.

This device is a crutch for children and for parents.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm half and half on this issue. I can see it as a good way to locate your kid if they wander off, but will most definately stunt them as they will grow up knowing that mommy and daddy can be right there to find them with the magic cell phone shaped remote. Kids have to be kids, and as a parent it is your job to watch your kid everywhere you go. I personally wouldn't get one, but wouldn't begrudge someone who did get it. And no government agency wil be implanting anyhting into my children.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I do not think the techology is evil but I do not like the use it is being put to. There is no way for the parent to know if the unit does ONLY what it is supposed to do.

Corporations have already used RFID in other products to track customers without their knowledge, why would you think they would not use this device the same way. Walmart photographs every customer so they can link such devices to your face and credit card.

Given the push for Real ID (Driver photos are digitalized for international use) and NAIS (livestock IDed for international use), I would never use such a device.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan TannaYou see how the sheeple are willing to give up their freedoms because of illusional fears?

No, the "sheeple"
are exercising their freedom to protect their kids. I find it funny that ppl who choose to do things you don't agree with are ridiculed and treated like they are idiots.

I too can understand the idea of where this could lead, but there is nothing wrong with a parent wanting to protect their kids and I find it a pious attitude to say otherwise. They aren't implanting these into their kids.

Exercise your knowledge of freedom by not making fun of them for exercising their freedom to protect their kids how they see fit..

If you don't like the idea of your kids being tracked, then don't get one. I am right there with ya on that sentiment. But let's not be hypocritical by calling them "sheeple" while you yourselves are representing a herd mentality as well.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I wonder if a free t-shirt comes with this that says:
"Hey pervert my kid is chipped grab another."

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Illusional fears??? Children are kidnapped on a daily basis and yet it is somehow WRONG for a parent to afford a little protection for themselves against would-be kidnappers? Or to find a kid in a crowded place should they accidentally become seperated?

Who in the hell are you people to whine about freedom when these things aren't being FORCED on anyone. Who are you to complain about the technologies that people are using to keep their OWN kids safe against harm? You HAVE your freedom, NO ON IS FORCING IT ON YOU. You DO NOT have the freedom to tell other people how they protect themselves. That is hypocritical in its own right.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
if a parent can't watch their kids, then this device would be perfect for them. Perfect for the parent who wants to know where their kids are when they're out buying crack. If you're losing your kids all the time, then maybe you're not fit to be a parent. If you come home and wonder why your little johnny or betty isn't home and you don't know where they are, maybe you're not fit to be a parent.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theknuckler

So what exactly is the definition of freedom?

We are only free to do what you whiners say we are free to do?

I mean, god forbid anyone uses this technology to monitor their children. In fact, it can be a rather useful tool in making sure little johnny and betty aren't becoming crackheads. It's th responsibility of the parent to keep their child out of harms way. The child has no rights to privacy in regards to their whereabouts or activities. If they are going to a party, the parent has every right to demand where that party is, what time it is over, who will be there, etc. They are the legal guardians and protectors of their kids, if they DON"T know, then they are NOT doing an effective job.

As I mentioned in another thread, why don't we let 10 year old little johnny drink, smoke, and slip fivers down some lace panties at the strip joint. Who the hell are we to infringe on his freedom and privacy to do so!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theknuckler

Are you kidding me? Are you a parent? Do you do ANYTHING outside the home with them?

I am a mother of two boys. When I take them to public play areas (the park or the play areas in the mall) it could take just a few seconds for one to get lost in the mass of kids.

This has happened to me when I have been tending to my younger son who was crying. I calmed him down and looked up and I couldn't spot my older dude. I was panicked. Thankfully he was just mixed in with all the little kiddies, but unless you are a parent, you don't realize how quick something could happen.

Your statements are judgemental and based in your piousness against technology. You really should apologize for judging something you obviously know nothing about.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You HAVE your freedom, NO ONE IS FORCING IT ON YOU.

WRONG. RFID tags are being forced on farmers throughout the world (Its called NAIS). Vets and meter readers are commanded to spy on farmers to make sure they use the tags. Not tagging can lead to fines of $1000/incident/day.

Given NAIS, Real ID for drivers licences and RFID in Passports. The subject sends up major flares. I am not saying do not use it, I am say beware of possible hidden uses by the government. Oh and the RFID implants cause cancer too.

For more information see:
naisSTINKS.com...

.LibertyArk.net...
www.agmates.com.blog...
www.aphis.usda.gov...

[Also see about fines in Texas and Vermont.)
nonais.org...
www.leg.state.vt.us...

It should be noted that on page 27 of the USDA proposed draft for NAIS it states:
Reporting Animal Movement/Sightings
Records that provide animal location and movements would be received from various sectors of the industry (producers, animal health officials, service providers, markets, and slaughter plants). Such input would be obtained through the integration of the AIN/Animal Transaction file. xstatic99645.tripod.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

This thread is not covering the ID's.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's ok ...REALLY it's only for ALIEN CHILDREN.

Instruction on how to use device ... insert Grays name press button...

www.youtube.com...

close call they go first.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I will try again. Technology is not good or bad, but the criminals who use it are. Be aware of the potential abuses of this technology, before you attach it to your child. This is a watch dog group on spy chips
www.spychips.com...

EXAMPLES OF ABUSE

"..A 2005 patent application by American Express itself describes how RFID-embedded objects carried by shoppers could emit "identification signals" when queried by electronic "consumer trackers." The system could identify people, record their movements, and send them video ads..

In 2002, Fleishman-Hillard produced another report for the industry that counseled RFID makers to "convey (the) inevitability of technology," and to develop a plan to "neutralize the opposition," by adopting friendlier names for radio tags such as "Bar Code II" and "Green Tag."..."

Wal-Mart and Procter & Gamble conducted a secret RFID trial involving Oklahoma consumers earlier this year, the Chicago Sun Times revealed on Sunday. Customers who purchased P&G's Lipfinity brand lipstick at the Broken Arrow Wal-Mart store between late March and mid-July unknowingly left the store with live RFID tracking devices embedded in the packaging. Wal-Mart had previously denied any consumer-level RFID testing in the United States....

The Sun Times also reported that a live video camera trained on the shelf allowed Procter & Gamble employees, sometimes hundreds of miles away, to observe the Lipfinity display and consumers interacting with it...
This summer, CASPIAN uncovered an RFID-enabled Gillette "smart shelf" in a Brockton, Massachusetts Wal-Mart and helped disclose Gillette's scheme to secretly photograph consumers picking up Mach3 razor blades in UK Tesco stores (see www.boycottgillette.com...). The group also revealed confidential industry plans to "pacify" consumers and "neutralize opposition" in the hope that consumers will be "apathetic" and "resign themselves to the inevitability" of RFID product tagging
www.spychips.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Oh jesus christ you HAVE to be kidding. Let's get rid of the FDA if your against NAIS. God forbid we have SOME measure of standards for the damn food we put in our bodies.

And just about everything causes cancer. Just driving to work is polluting the air causing cancer. Get real man, seriously.

Nothing is being FORCED on a single HUMAN being. We eat those animals for food, should one of those livestock have a disease and it is not caught quick enough, we can trace the damn shipment of that animal and stop the spread of the disease/sickness from infecting the REST OF YOUR FOOD. You want your freedom so god damn badly that your willing to risk hospitalization over bad food product?

This isn't even an issue about freedom and privacy as not a damn thing has been forced on you. This is about your pathetic insane hatred for the government. That is the root issue here and anything that has to do with it is inherently evil by your illogical standards. You people put no damn thought behind what you are saying.

People riot against gay marriage and abortion rights, do you not think they would protest and riot against HUMAN implantation? FFS, get real.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

One of the greatest things about this country is when your in public, what you do is public information. You don't want the store your in keeping a log of what you buy, then you also have the freedom to not shop there. Yet one of the other great things is the technology behind it allows those same stores to create better products and ads to catch the consumer's eyes. They have the freedom to research using whatever damn tools they please, your in there stores, you abide by their rules.

Don't like it, get out of our damn country, because the rest of us don't see the issue you damn hypocrites claim there is.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just to make a mention on where the hypocrisy is, you are demanding that we accept YOUR definition of freedom and if we don't you decide to label us as sheeple all the while saying the government is taking away our freedoms when we ask the government to enforce some standards that we demand them to enforce to protect us and our children. You claim it's the government only, it's the whole damn american nation. It's me, so you can thank me for demanding my government to enforce those farmers for having some standards in the food I eat.

AND you can thank a PRIVATE ORGINIZATION for developing those GPS units for you to attach to your kids. NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by sirnex]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join