It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy Living

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I want to try and start living a more natural lifestyle to help cleanse myself of all the toxins in the enviroment, but im not sure where to start as far as where to buy organic foods and such. Can anyone give me some tips? Also not sure if this is posted in the right spot, if not im sorry. Haven't posted much lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well done on making the first step...this might be a big process for you! Intention is everything.

There will be a few ways you can go with this, and I have no idea of your lifestyle just now, but I've tried to do something similar over the last few years. The first thing I did, besides being vegan, (which I'm not pushing on you btw!) was to stop eating processed foods of any kind. If you can, and you have the skills...it's really not hard...cook as much of your food yourself as you can. I sometimes think this a dying art, and commercially produced fod is full of far too much in the way of sugars, salts, fats, plastics from the containers, preservatives....it's a long list. And you food will taste so much better too, I guarantee it. As for buying food, if you are in the UK, I would recommend a farmer's market, somewhere you can get your veggies as locally as possible, or a health food co-operative, or decent health food store...little independent places tend to have the most knowledge and the best stock, especially if they have been around for a while. I hope this helps.

There is a lot more I could drone on about, but I won't till you ask....which you are welcome to.

What's your inspiration for making changes, if you don't mind me asking?

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 55 tacos

Way to go for taking the first step!

I would start by asking you a question though. What is your lifestyle now? Details would be nice.......Then maybe it would be easier to advise you on how to slowly implement these new changes.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I just wanted to start living a healthy life and to stop putting all of that garbage into my body. As for my lifestyle, I'm a student and I play football for my school so I have to stay in good shape and I figured this would be a good place to start.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sorry I accidentally posted as anonymous lol so here it is again. I just wanted to start living a healthy life and to stop putting all of that garbage into my body. As for my lifestyle, I'm a student and I play football for my school so I have to stay in good shape and I figured this would be a good place to start.

new topics

top topics

join