It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminator Salvation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Anybody excited to see Terminator Salvation with Christian Bale? I just saw the trailer and this one looks like it's gonna be hardcore compared to previous installments. No Arnold. Plus this one is post-apocalypse. I also read the director is trying to incorporate horror elements too. Anybody?

The trailer's at TerminatorSalvation.com

Troy
SciFiSuggestions.com

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by troydayton

It may lose a lot of its texture if it goes for the rumored PG-13 rating. I was also hoping they could get Arnie to do a cameo. Still, the trailer does look promising and I am a fan of the three others.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I had no idea the made another movie. It looks decent from the small bits you could see. I guess we will have to wait till next summer.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The terminator formula is very close to tapped out- very few franchises will reinvent themselves as often and as successfully as Star Trek, Star Wars, and Stargate. Terminator just isn't the type to do it; characters traveling backwards in time to engage in the plot create a continuity nightmare for sequels, which is precisely why terminator movies are so formulaic. The trailer suggests they aren't exactly running away from that challenge.

I think they skin the sheep this time.
Fans will be disappointed that it's not the war that they've been dreaming of since Reese told Sarah about it. They won't dislike the war they get. I'm guessing there will be a lot of carefully selected imagery intended to give a Desert Storm/Iraqi Freedom feel to it, which will add a little more evil to our view of the machines and make the battle scenes seem a little more uncertain and exciting. But it's nothing that the more enthusiastic fans will ever fully embrace as cannonical, and yet almost certainly spends so much effort defending itself from paradoxes that no one but a terminator fan can watch the movie without having to completely ignore whole scenes.

But maybe it's all an elaborate ploy, just like they did with Batman. You make like three or four really really crappy sequels in a row, so the few hardcore fans who are still buying tickets are ready to let you burn the village in order to save it.
Then you can go back and make the movie that you should have made in the first place.

If that's what they're trying to do, they may as well follow the Batman model by downgrading villains from Arnie to Jim Carey. Too bad they didn't get Danny Devito before Arnie to really keep the streak alive. Danny would be one scarry friggin terminator. And he makes perfect since for the first movie too... he's kinda shaped like a T-1.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Yeah I'm seriously anticipating this film..........

I've been a fan of Christian Bale for years, way before he even hit his fame with the latest Batman; which was also a superb movie by the way. His film in 99 "American Psycho" was a work of art in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by troydayton

I can't wait!!
It looks awesome from the trailers and I'm goin to be on the front row the day it comes out.
I love all the terminator movies--first is probably the best due to its sheer wow factor at the time.
Plus it was the only one arnie was a bad dude in. Oh and even better he only had about 4 lines!

top topics

join