It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Not Going To Vote For Any Candidate - Why Not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I would like to voice my displeasure at the choices I have for the POTUS. Now I come from a long line of straight Republican voters, but I just can't bring myself to vote for the republicn candidate this time around. I believe the republicans have lost touch with reality and are so self centered it would be a disaster to vote for McCain. Plus he acts like he is a beliver in God, but he really isn't just like the current potus, who puts on a good show but those who are wise see through that facade.

Obama, would be my choice if he wasn't a supporter of the abortion issue, because at least he acts with a modicum of decorum when in public, and I'm tired of seeing the leader of our great nation acting like a buffoon, by throwing civil manners and proper speech right out the window.

I proly will vote for Ron Paul if he is still in it, don't even know because he has no chance to win.

But I wonder how many other people are choosing to vote for someone other than the two front runners, thus in essence really not voting at all, and why are you doing so?

Or if you are note voting period, why not?, and what would make you want to vote? This is primarily for registered voters to reply, as those that aren't don't really give a crap I think in any case.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I am writing in Ron Paul because...

1. I can't imagine "not voting" and teaching my kids to throw away a responsibility (a right, yes.. and not to be taken for granted regardless).

2. I am voting my conscience (ron paul) just as I did the last election when at the last minute I *didn't* vote bush, but another no-namer and feel free from the guilt of what he has done in office.

3. I get a free dinner from a friend who said if I'd go with him, he'd buy

[edit on 22-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Well good for you jam...I wish I could say I didn't succomb to pressure to vote for w, but it got the best of me and I will never be swayed again unless of course someone is holding a gun to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
I proly will vote for Ron Paul if he is still in it, don't even know because he has no chance to win.

I am wondering if he actually does have a chance of a win, because of people like you and I that are going to vote for him. My stance is that I am so sick of the circus Obama & McCain have lead this election to, that I'de rather vote a guy that at least doesn't play the juvenile games.

McCain is obviously a Bush clone; Obama makes my gut nervous (I listen to my gut reverently).

[edit on 22/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Well, the words "sounded" right and I am hoping this last election (but obviously my hopes are going to fall flat) taught us all a big lesson to not buy the words, but to look long and hard at the issues and the candidate.

I had fully intended on giving dubbya my vote and literally changed my mind when I had the pen in hand and ballot in front of me. I cried the whole way home bc I wasn't convince at the time I had made the right choice. Thank the gods for the nagging voice called my conscience that seems to poke and prod at me until it gets its way.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Or if you are note voting period, why not?, and what would make you want to vote? This is primarily for registered voters to reply

The reason I won't be voting in November is because I really don't believe in the current two-party system. I think this country has become a place where people want money, power, love, and anything else which is considered by the average citizen to make one feel very good. Rational thought and theory seem to be non-existant in many circles. I.e... my mom and dad always voted republican so that's how I vote. The flip-side of that are super liberal types who grew up in a republican household. Usually some other underlying issue causes them to be angry with one more of the parents so retaliate by going polar opposite on the political spectrum (from their parents/guardians). Or even scarier are people who won't vote for someone based off their skin color, gender, religious values etc.

Given the vast amount of people who formulate decisions based on what I perceive to be nonsense and the fact that I'm one in 100 million people (voters), I find it pointless to pencil in "option A or option B." I believe people do that to make themselves "feel good" about exercising their perceived freedom. But that doesn't mean I don't like political discussions and hearing other peoples beliefs and concerns.

Believe me... I live in Washington State which will definitely going to Obama so it wouldn't matter how I voted. If anything I might jump back on the democracy bandwagon to help elect local leaders who would have more impact on my everyday life.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I posted a similar thread a while ago. You might get some answers, ideas, thoughts from that thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama is Pro-choice, but regardless who is president, nothing at all is going to change about abortion in the future (like gun control). The most we can hope is to make the NEED for abortions go away. That's his goal.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I understand that, but I still can't vote for someone who supports what i consider to be the murder of an unborn child. It would be like supporting that view and I think from my pov and Gods, it would be a sin to vote for Obama on those grounds.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If it's computer based voting, will we even have the option to write in another name?

I'm not voting for either of the two clowns the media is pushing on us.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If your voting on a computer and theres no option for Ron Paul, demand that you be given the chance to right in Ron Paul and that its your constitutional right to vote in whom you want.

I think its a cop out for people who say they will not vote because their candidate is not in, there will always be that right for you to vote for who you want regardless of whether that candidates in or out.

And seriously cut the whining about the two system, if your candidate wont you wouldnt whining at all.

You want to voice out your concerns, voice your concern out about why this war of lies is allowed to continue.

new topics

top topics

join