It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spaceship on the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
check this out....Looks like a ship to me..The picture is publicly available and untouched except for the zooming in.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My first thought is the "shadow" is far larger than the "flying object". Therefore the "flying object" cannot be casting the "shadow".

My second thought is the shadow is actually being cast by the toothlike hills immediately to the left of the shadow. The "flying object" is the slope to the immediate right of the shadow. Note the crater wall at the top of the picture. It has a similar albedo to the "object".

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
My first thought is the "shadow" is far larger than the "flying object". Therefore the "flying object" cannot be casting the "shadow".

As an object gets closer to a light source and further from the surface on which the shadow is being cast will create a shadow larger than the object itself.

Im not saying its a ship, just that you first thought isn't founded on anything. Try it with your hand and a flash light and your bedroom wall if you don't believe me.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

*sigh* Ok, you're correct if the object were the same relative distance between the surface of the moon and the sun as your hand is between the wall and the flashlight. But obviously it is not or it wouldn't be in frame. The relationship between the size of the shadow and the size of the object is proportional to the distance between the surface and the object and the distance between the object and the light source. How much bigger is the shadow (cast by the sun) if you hold your hand twenty feet off the ground instead of twenty inches? Not much. I doubt you could measure it. I'd test it right now but, well there's no sunlight.

Note I said "far larger". The shadow is at least twice the size of the "object" the "object" would have to be a whole lot higher than it appears to be for that to be the shadow it's casting.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I see, I must have skipped right over "far", apologies.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

"eNumbra"

A reference to penumbra/umbra? How very relevant!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Indeed.

My opinion on the object, however... is that it's nothing more than a crater. Looking at the lighting direction on the other craters, if it were an object and were in mid-flight the shadow should be behind it, as well as smaller as phage correctly pointed out.

It certainly looks odd, but speculating on blurry low resolute pixels is touchy.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Very interesting find..... thanks for sharing...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
it's a chinese lantern.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
THATS where I left it. Shesh oh Pete thanks for reminding me! Ya know what happens, you get loaded at the end of the galaxy bar and you crash on a moon somewhere, :shk:

Glad you found it before the intergalactic space patrol did, I hate those orange stickers.

Just messin with ya of course. Looks just like a rock to me. I could be wrong tho.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
OK, here's the images contained within Hoagland's Presentation at YouTube.

IMHO it's just light and shadow and looks uniform to all the other surface features. i.e a simple crater.

IRM

[edit on 21/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hmmm.

Hoaglang + youtube = are you sh* ing me?

Dude, if that was an actual object, do you have any idea on what size it would have to be? Here's a clue; freagin huge.

"spaceship on the moon" how about "shadows and craters on the moon"?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I can't say anything more than a crater. Nice find though.

I guess the only leads to it being a spaceship is that the reflection looks disconnceted from the shadow; other than that it's just too small and blurry to tell for sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I always thought a shadow was connected to its 'original' unless its over the ground. All other shadows of craters match their original in shape and are connected. I can see all craters that form shadows, but there is nothing that i see that even comes close to that shape that matches the shadow.
this is an old photo but if you look closely on the rear or left of the bright object there are 3 prongs which match up with the shadow.
As for size,,yes it could very well be huge,,look at the size of some of the UFO's spotted. A british pilot said he saw a ship over a mile long.
To me the shape of of the lighted object and shadow are too unatural,,sorry my opinion.
Google earth has caught a WWII bomber in mid flight and its not 'Huge'

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by senshido

Never anywhere do I say I am or have any connection with hoagland.Said it was a picture he uses to talk about structures on the moon,,that is all

top topics

join