It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator of Liberal Blog "Daily Kos" has ties to CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Not only does he have ties to the CIA, but he actively defends their role!

www.youtube.com...

I was AMAZED to hear this, but in retrospect, not so much.

There is also a long interview where he recounts 2 years of involvement with the CIA:

www.commonwealthclub.org...

and more:

www.thehollywoodliberal.com...

As I reported here last week Markos Moulitsas Zuniga, the Millionaire behind the largest “liberal website” on the planet Daily Kos, who grew up as a Reagan youth, joined the military, and as I speculated was possibly a member of the CIA; did indeed sign up for the CIA, but claims that he decided not to join because he didn’t want to live in Washington, and he wanted to join the Howard Dean campaign. umm hmmm. Here is Markos, as reported by My Left Wing.com

Here’s a little secret I don’t think I’ve ever written about: But in 2001, I was unemployed, underemployed, unemployed. You know I was in that . . You all have been there “dot com” people? Kinda like, in between jobs, doin’ a little contract work and . . . kinda. So, you know. That’s where I was: in this really horrible netherworld of ‘will I make rent next month’ and . . .
So, I applied to the CIA and I went all the way to the end, I mean it was to the point where I was going to sign papers to become Clandestine Services. And it was at that point that the Howard Dean campaign took off and I had to make a decision whether I was gonna kinda join the Howard Dean campaign, that whole process, or was I was going to become a spy.

As I have pointed out, it’s strange that the two biggest biggest liberal websites are owned and operated by former Republicans, also strange how Kos, and Ariana Huffington, the owner of Huffington Post, are constantly being called on by the mainstream media to provide “progressive views” for the news. My Left Wing Picks up The Story

Last year, in a piece Markos wrote for the Cato (libertarian) Institute, Markos acknowledged that the spent the 1980’s as a Reagan Republican. MARKOS’ CATO ARTICLE, Yes, “Progessive” Markos of DailyKos was a Reagan Republican!!!!!!!!
How did Markos achieve this stunning metamorphosis in just a few short years? Actually, nobody knows and Markos isn’t telling. He has told interviewers, improbably, that he last voted for the Republicans in 1992, because he suddenly realized that they didn’t support “states rights” as strongly as he would have liked.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by scientist]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sorry for not having more to say on this, other than I find it extremely interesting. I notice that Daily Kos makes it to the top of many user-submitted news sites, on a "daily" basis (seriously, no pun intended. I couldn't think of another way to put it without being verbose. Alas, doomed via explanation anyways).

I've also seen the author of the site ("Koz") on the Daily Show and Colbert Report as a featured guest, and on various news stations including fox news to speak on various issues.

I'm not making any judgments on his character, or to the opinions he puts out, however it certainly puts him, and all the content from his site in a very new light. I've also read a few critical reviews of his site and forums via other blogs while searching for more information on this topic that certainly took more liberty making assumptions (review links posted above).

If anyone else has more input, or revelations in light of this - feel free to post.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

This should not come as a surprise to most of us. Part of the leftist Ideology is rooted in the belief that government WILL FIX problems domestically. They simply like all "Trotskyist" then extend this philosophy, into the concept of FIXING global problems.

It is this leftist ideology which has created the neocons we have today coming from both the left and right, but as I've mentioned before has 100% leftist roots!!

I wish the Neocons would all just slither right back under their leftist rock, from where they came from.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I suppose I should abstain from confusing liberal with leftist, since I typically believed they were synonymous in the media, although they clearly are not the same.

I am pretty disgusted with the mentality that large governments/companies/etc. are inherently good, nor do I believe in honor systems, nor do I believe in "the ends justify the means." To actually state that the CIA is essentially for good, and to ignore the rare bad occurrences we hear about, and focus on the great good.

I say
that. MK Ultra, now discovered thanks in part to the blundered assassination attempt of Frank Olson, the CIA was forced to come clean about the program, but that is but a very small example. I don't see how the CIA is going to help anyone get more freedom.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
I suppose I should abstain from confusing liberal with leftist, since I typically believed they were synonymous in the media, although they clearly are not the same.

I am pretty disgusted with the mentality that large governments/companies/etc. are inherently good, nor do I believe in honor systems, nor do I believe in "the ends justify the means." To actually state that the CIA is essentially for good, and to ignore the rare bad occurrences we hear about, and focus on the great good.

I say
that. MK Ultra, now discovered thanks in part to the blundered assassination attempt of Frank Olson, the CIA was forced to come clean about the program, but that is but a very small example. I don't see how the CIA is going to help anyone get more freedom.

I 100% agree. No matter how good our intentions may appear, the fact of the matter is that our TRUE intention for foreign intervention are disguised with jingoistic chest-thumping rhetoric of bringing democracy, or stopping some despot, but in actuality the intervention is at the behest of the politically connected elites. And not the average citizen.

It's time we understood just what the CIA is and what it does; namely that it's nothing more than a band of thug enforcers for the multinationals.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Gateway]

top topics

join