It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I die..... but am living the last minute of my life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sorry OP.

Good luck to you.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

I wish you only the best.
however

I understood that I truly am eternal awareness, I stopped fearing it.

In Eckhart's Tolle's book "A New Earth."

I personally dont think about those things
Ive read the book..and think it is nothing but crap. Just because no one knows for sure.

so u could die and just not exist anymore. that is a possiblity.
no one knows and anyperson that tells you they do are lying to your face, they might fool themselves into believing it but its all BS

For me it was the EXACT opposite.

I realized that it was completely ok if I did not exist anymore. That it wasnt all about me.

I do appreciate your post.. so thanks again.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is extremely fascinating. I've read a lot about multiverse theories and the likes, and one guy (forget who) said once that we live in many universes simultaneously. So it may be possible that the OP DID die in his perceived reality and that universe/dimension is now going on without him, and then "woke up" in this universe/dimension that's basically identical to the other, with the difference that here, he lives.

Just a mind game, but a very intriguing one to play. I always had the feeling, for example, that choices that represent some kind of crossroads in our life might split off another universe/dimension, whereupon both outcomes exist separately. For example, I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had made diffferent choices in certain situations... when I was 15, I lived in Germany and worked in a factory for the summer to get some pocket money together. Because I could type, the boss there summoned me as a "secretary." At the end of the summer, he asked me to stay and I said no. I finished school, at the age of 19 became a copywriter trainee, worked in advertising for almost 15 years and then moved to the US. Now I'm happily married to an American and have a lovely 5-year-old son.

What would have happened if I had said yes? What would my life be like today? Most certainly very, very different. Would I have married at 18, had four kids and get divorced at 28? Would I still live the samish, boring small-town life, still having the same old job? Or would I have ultimately broken free at some point and done similar things that I've been doing in "this reality"? And: is there another "me" that stayed in the factory and went on to have the life I just described?

It's quite mind boggling, but very interesting to think about...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wow, you are definitely on to something else. You and I are not feeling the same way for sure.

Good luck on your journey.

I hope what ever it is eventually becomes clear to you.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I lost my big brother mothers day 2007, I think that when you lose a loved one a part of you goes with them.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

First let me congratulate you on what seems to be some sort of recovery. I am so glad you are still alive. It must have been extremely scary for you until the point described.

I think it could be a psychological condition. What you describe sounds to me like what a lot of people get after having post traumatic stress.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal, I'm glad you're getting better! Family helps allot as does the company off good friends.
I felt so odd reading your post, its hard to describe almost mournful...
Have you considered ego death? It's a troubling experience maybe talk to a therapist?
Whatever it is I wish you all the best.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Now I'm happily married to an American and have a lovely 5-year-old son.

damn right...good choice

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join