It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Has Passed Fewest Number Of Bills In Two Decades...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Congress Has Passed Fewest Number Of Bills In Two Decades...

online.wsj.com

By ELIZABETH WILLIAMSON
August 19, 2008; Page A1

WASHINGTON -- The 110th Congress, whose term officially ends in January, hasn't passed any spending bills or attacked high gasoline prices. But it has used its powers to celebrate watermelons and to decree the origins of the word "baseball."

Barring a burst of legislative activity after Labor Day, this group of 535 men and women will have accomplished a rare feat. In two decades of record keeping, no sitting Congress has passed fewer public laws at this point in the session -- 294 so far -- than this one. That's not to say they've been idle. On the flip side, no Congress in the same 20 years has been so prolific when it comes to proposing resolutions -- more than 1,900, according to a tally by the nonpartisan Taxpayers for Common Sense.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This absolutely sickening! What the hell are we paying these criminals for? With the economy in shambles, out of control energy prices, people losing their jobs, and no end in sight to the hardship the country is going through; these self righteous bastards that were elected on the promise that they were going to fix everything have done absolutely nothing! Yet, I clearly remember in the run up to the 2006 election Pelosi, among other liberals, calling the Republican Congress a "do nothing congress". This congress has been one of the worst ever and don’t anyone expect these criminals to change their ways. They are going to do exactly what they want to do which is NOTHING! Well, I can’t really say they did nothing. At least now we have July as National Watermelon Month. I know that makes me feel better.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join