It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason For Bigfoot Hoax

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

I personally don't believe in the actual existence of Bigfoot until some real proof is discovered.I do however believe in the possibility that bigfoot exists simply because there is an abundance of circumstantial evidence to support the theory.Furthermore,there is still a lot we do not know about this planet,and there is a lot of unexplored territory out there.But until someone comes up with definitive proof of their existence I will remain unconvinced.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I understand what you're saying. That in general, the mainstream find BigFoot rather corny and laughable, and so media put a spotlight on it, hoping that people will twin the concept of conspiracies being "as "silly as the idea of bigfoots conspiracy". - Which I wouldn't doubt...I have seen articles on the news about bigfoot, and usually are done in a jokey or light hearted fashion.

On a sidenote, I personally, I think it is possible for some large ape to be out there..somewhere.
edit on 14-9-2012 by LightInside because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's really not fair to want us to believe your theory of Bigfoot being used as a, for lack of a better term, red herring for silliness, but then immediately discredit others who claim they have seen/know someone who has seen Bigfoot.

One could just as easily turn around and say, "Sorry, you're wrong about the MSM using Bigfoot to make conspiracy theories seem silly, you're mistaken, it happens."

Glove on the other hand, my friend.
edit on 14-9-2012 by CrypticCryptid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
The Bigfoot phenomenon has been going on for quite sometime now and is one of the most mainstream or "popular" conspiracy theories/mythical creatures.

I think the people in power and the network news perpetuate the Bigfoot case to discredit any potential conspiracy. Let me explain.

If you bring up a conspiracy to someone who isn't a believer, they usually shoot back with something like "I don't believe in any of that, Bigfoot, Aliens.etc."

Bigfoot is kept around in the mainstream media to discredit ACTUAL conspiracies. People usually lump all conspiracies together as one.

THE STORY IS KEPT GOING TO MAKE CONSPIRACY THEORIES LOOK OUTRAGEOUS AS A WHOLE

I personally don't even believe in Bigfoot, anything to add?

Yeah. How do you then explain that descriptions of Bigfoot are found in all major countries and continents throughout the world and have been reported for centuries - way before the main stream media came around?

Lloyd Pye has a theory that these creatures are Hominiods. Ape like creatures that have been driven to hide in the woods of the world due to Man's encroachment on their normal habitats. This makes some sense because there are different types of Bigfoot in different countries that are always described the same way through out the years. These creatures are very large and smart, as are their ape like cousins. Apes and other animals have been recorded making and using tools, and even have their own languages.

Consider the Panda. In the 1800's it was thought they were a myth. Stories were passed around of a black and white bear that ate not meat, but vegetables. This was unthinkable - until someone saw the hide of one hanging in a shop in china. An earnest search was started. It took over 60 years for them to find and capture a Panda ( even though they only live in one certain area that is known) and to this day, only a few have been found.

Scientists are finding new animals all the time. I believe a form of Bigfoot is entirely possible

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Maybe the reason the the subject matter is still around is because there is substance behind all the tracks, witnesses videos pictures audio recordings and hair samples. Not to mention similar accounts from all continents except Antartica. Also Bigfoot is a misleading name. It makes people think theirs just one creature that every one is seeing, but its a species of undiscovered ape.

We even have their finger prints
www.bigfootencounters.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join