It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok so um...yeaaaaa metal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Ok, so I'm at work today right, about to sit down and take a break and right next to me is a book. Nothing special about the book but there is a peice of aluminum foil on it. Then the aluminum foil moves...Ugh what in the world lol.

Ok so, now you know what my initial reaction was. Anyway the point of this thread is me trying to find out what the heck kind of bug this was? It was completely metallic and silver, I mean to the point I actually thought it was aluminum foil. Then it moved and it had wings, actually it looked like a flea sort of. The way it moved was in jumps but it could also fly.

So I got home and googled "metallic fleas" "fleas" "silver flea" "metallic bugs" and so on. I found a bunch of metallic beatles, all of which were like purple and green and such, none looked even remotely close to this bug. I don't think it was a mythical beast lol or even anything out of the ordinary, except for the fact I had never seen one before. So if anyone knows what kind of bugs this is please do tell, because it was quite fascinating to see!

To paint a better picture do this, google flea, fly, and aluminum foil and then add them all together in your head as a mental picture lol. That's the best I can do as I dont have a camera at work or a phone with a camera on it. sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The description is a bit sketchy. When describing and animal/insect and you're looking to identify, it's always important to mention your location.

For now, you can try an insect identification guide:
BugGuide.Net
DavesGarden.Com
WhatsthatBug.com
Virginia Tech
Einstein's Emporium

And so on.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Oh, I am sorry, good point, Im on the East coast of USA where I saw it was in a grocery store break room.

Edit: Sorry in my anticipation to give my location I forgot to thank you for the links, I am currently going through them now, thanks!

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Racially Retarded]

join