It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics: The Soap Opera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
In many of the forums in which I post, there is a statement above me which reminds me that discussion on ATS will generally be "in favor of conspiracy theories" and the like. In my short tenure here I have read about Illuminati, Annunaki, the shadow government, the Bilderbergers, the Omega Agency ... and if you've been here any length of time, you know I could almost use up my allotted character count for this post adding names to that list. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but there are a lot of them.

The common theme to many of these theories and the associated agencies is that they are above, and in control of, our governments and perhaps the whole world, and that they have an agenda towards which they are guiding - or driving - humanity. If one believes that any of these many theories are true, then the governments of most, if not all, countries on this Earth are subject to Control. For the sake of brevity and continuity, I'm going to lump all the CT organizations and groups together and refer to them as "Control," and from now on in this post the use of the word Control capitalized refers to any or all of the agencies/groups mentioned above.

I'm in the US, and the upcoming US presidential election is what much of the current hullabaloo is about, so I'll be referring mostly to that although it may apply to other "democratic" countries as well. If Control is real, and any or all aspects of it actually have as much authority over our government as the CTs imply, then aren't all of our elected officials, such as the US President and Congress, not much more than actors on a giant stage, running a scripted play for our entertainment?

American history as taught by even the mildest of CT adherents shows that any President who refuses to play along will be quickly dealt with; Kennedy and Nixon come to mind. Therefore, even if a really straight-up guy - like Ron Paul seems to be - were elected, he would quickly be forced to accept his role or lose his position, one way or another. (Not that I have believed for a second that the PTB would allow Ron Paul to be elected regardless of the popular vote.) It therefore becomes painfully obvious, at least to me, that it doesn't matter who we elect. The Control agenda will remain the same and the plan will carry on regardless of who is in office.

The whole thing - the two party system, elections, scandals, characters, personalities, platforms, etc. - it's all just a huge soap opera designed to placate the "moronic masses" and keep them distracted from what's really going on. I'm reminded of the old Robert Palmer song All She Wants To Do Is Dance, where he points out repeatedly all the terrible things going on around a woman who appears to be unaffected and only wants to party. Politics, the real never-ending story, just keeps running and periodically comes up with interesting plot twists to keep us all involved. From that perspective, it would make as much sense to really care who will be the next WWE champion as to be passionately concerned about who the next US President will be. Actually it makes more sense to be passionate about who will win the next Superbowl, as that at least is not predetermined.

All right then, now to the real question. How can any of you on ATS, if you believe in any aspect or form of Control, get so emotional about the upcoming election that you drive SO to fly a distress flag and turn the ATS logo upside down? If Control is real, it doesn't matter who gets elected. If Control is real, they're all characters with no more reality than Indiana Jones. Most of us know how the government can change our lives and our histories, from conveniently "losing" my military medical records when I try to make a claim for treatment by the VA to "erasing" someone's entire identity if he inconveniently becomes a whistle blower. Why, then, do we trust that the past lives and histories of any politicians are real? Unless they have been in the public eye since childhood, much of it could be fabricated and we wouldn't know the difference. Why argue about Obama's birth certificate when it may not be any more real than the Da Vinci Code (with apologies to anyone who believes in that)? If Control is real, it's all a giant Soap Opera staged for your benefit, to keep you believing that the collective citizenry of this "democratic" country still have a voice and make a difference. How can you become so absorbed in it that you lose your self-control and insult, ridicule, and attack your fellow ATSers over stuff that would be trivial even there is no Control?

If Control is real, we need to look away from the political soap opera and start trying to figure out if there is any way left to us to wake up our fellow citizens and effect any real change. If Control is real, we need to focus on the real agenda and the important events that the soap opera is trying to distract us from. If Control is real, we need to stop fighting with each other over who will be the next to acquire the lead role and start looking for ways to see the "Man" behind the curtain, and take control of our government, our lives, and our future away from him.

So, hey, this is ATS! I have seen many of you say that you are proud to be here and not be one of the "sheeple." So start acting like it! Turn away from the soap opera and let's get back to figuring out what's really going on in the world, and what we can do about it.

And, if you don't believe that Control is real in any of its aspects, what the heck are you doing on ATS?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I couldn't agree with you more.

I think you summed up how I feel about the whole facade.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
In my particular case due to disgust about the various attack ads that seem to fly around at every election I try to think about politics as little as possible. One thought has come to mind though from reading your post though. It seems to me that Control might not be so monolithic as you may portray it. In fact I'm pretty safe in saying that various controlling agencys are probably fighting it out for total control. That small crack may be our savings grace. By observing the various agencys fighting things out we can then classify them and learn more about them. Thus we can learn their weaknesses and how to thwart them.

Small mistakes can loom large especially when they can be brought to our attention.

An example:
1) Assume that Controlling group A puts out their version of history.
2) Assume that Controlling group B doesn't like the way that group A is doing things.

So what's one of the best ways to thwart group A (If you are group B) for example? Place a floodlight upon the fabricated history showing any flaws. How to spread this knowledge? Contact various sources and "leak" the info that all is not kosher. Including our own sources. Yes such sites as this one can be great ways to spread around Group B's history (Including clashes with Group A's history of things)

OK, so assuming that several groups are fighting for power what do we do?

1) Double and sometimes triple the sources of our information.
2) take nothing for granted.
3) Learn to separate the good sources from the bad for our information.
4) Compare various versions of what has happened.
5) Examine all availiable data no matter how strange it may seem to be.

Note that Number 5 does not mean immediately accept everything. Instead consider if there is a indeed a kernel of truth in things and at what percentage. Use Occam's razor.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

You know, I've been wondering how it is that we get any information at all about all these conspiracies and what's going on behind the scenes. Your idea that some of the groups are struggling for control and are competing - or even fighting - with each other and deliberately leaking the information in order to cause problems for the other group makes sense.

In that case, it would seem to be the case that the organization we have the most information about would be the weakest, or the most vulnerable, and that would possibly be the most likely place to start an "attack," or even an information/awareness campaign.

Any ideas on which one that would be?

You know, if we could get enough people to quit bickering over the elections and pay attention .. we could possibly accomplish something .?!

new topics

top topics

join