It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your perseption of heaven and hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
My perception of heaven would be somewhere where you could meet your family members and such but maybe you can just feel theyre souls i dont really know to be honest so i want to hear others opinions and that coulod possibly help me make up my mind.

and hell i dont really believe in hell i try not to believe in eternal suffering if im honest

whadda you guys think.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Heaven is that moment when you realize it all is going to go right.

Hell is being stuck in traffic, able to see your exit but not moving an inch.

The rest is presumptive.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Im starting to think aswell that heaven and hell is only what our owns minds would perceive it

like if we would imagine that we would be in a field of roses we probably would be.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
According to me, heaven is the place where there are no horns, traffic jams etc, instead it is the place where the soul can be in peace amongst nature.

Hell isnt the place you dont want to be, according to me it is the place of worries, pain and chaos.

O course whether you go to heaven or hell depends on the sins and good deeds you have done in your life time.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

Reminds me of the that Robin Williams movie.

BUT, heres a thought: What is to say that life on earth isn't in fact heaven or hell?

Ive never been much of a ~theist but I am turning more and more Buddhist I think. I don't care if there is a heaven or hell or god or devil. Because if there is, then all the crap that happens would be their fault no someone knifing another person for shoes... or butchering half their population to maintain a seat in government etc..

We dont need a devil because humanity is perverse enough. If there is a God it seems this being would be in collusion with the world demise that seems to be going on.. so: Why do we need a heaven or hell that isnt in existence?

And no, that is not meant to be a smarmy post.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
On a strictly Christian point of view there are two outcomes. Traditional christians believe when you die you go to heaven or hell. My belief... which is one supported by the holy bible is that man doesn't enter heaven at all. Hell is a mistranslation which actually means grave or death. John 3:13 explains that Jesus is the only man to ever enter heaven and that he will be the only man to enter heaven. Then in Acts chapter 2 while Peter is giving a sermon, he mentions the fact that David, (a man after God's heart) is dead and in the grave and that he has not acsended into heaven. Of all the people in the bible worthy of entering heaven you would think David would be one of them?.... Those two examples in the bible prove to me that heaven is not meant for mankind. As it is, Jesus returns and ressurrects the dead! How will we be raised from the dead if we're already hanging out in heaven? Sinners are thrown into the lake of fire upon judgment but they don't suffer eternal hellfire. They burn up and die... also known as the second death when "death and hell (grave) are defeated". Proof of death upon hellfire is in Malachi chapter 4 verse 3 which mentions that the wicked will be ashes under our feet. It sure sounds like the unrepentant burned up and died and are not suffering eternally... it's simply eternal death. The opposite of eternal life is eternal death or non-existence. God is all-merciful so to punish someone who doesn't want to live eternally with everlasting hellfire pretty much defeats the purpose of mercy. The funny thing is my bible supports my view if you read it for what it really says and not for what a preacher or priest translates it into.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I believe that Hell is literally a separation from God, and all whom you loved in life. I believe that Heaven is being close to God and those that you loved in life. Simple

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I believe that heaven is becoming part of the universe...the Gaia concept. Hell to me is either a complete death or reincarnation to a lesser form

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Heaven and hell are a state of mind. Heaven is supported by a healthy lifestyle, emotional state, and actions.

Hell is supported by being selfish, harmful, and a separation from the spirit. A soul sickness/blindness.

I believe that threatening people with hell and attempting to monopolize heaven is one of the many harmful views of certain widely accepted slave organizations.

It is no wonder that many people get stuck in lower consciousness states. The conditioning has a tendency to keep them in survival mode, limiting self awareness.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Am i the only one who believes that we can go to heaven and come back to earth in another life and i dont believe in hell either but if you have lived a bad life you just miss out on heaven and come straight to earth after a good talking to from god lol

top topics

join