It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found on Yahoo answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
the following post on page:
answers.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AgyIsSYfuxRuGtj7Tj64uJ3sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080813220503AAAc5hv

US Military Black Project "Musical Chairs" and "the order of the flying mushrooms"?
My Grandfather served from WW2 through the cold war as a Colonel in the US Air Force, as an inspector general for nuclear ICBM sites. As I was perusing his many plaques and commendations, I noticed a worn plaque separate from the others. It read,

"This certificate hereby presented to Colonel__________ for his assistance in making operation Musical Chairs a resounding success, on the behalf of the order of the Flying Mushrooms."
It also has an air force flight test center logo on it, though i cannot recall which test center it refers to.

Now, I have heard of cases in which personnel working isolated on Black ops projects cited feeling like "mushrooms locked in a dark room," which leads me to believe that this strange plaque refers to some sort of black ops project.

So far, i have been unable to find any mention of it on google search, wikipedia; anything.

Any ideas as to what this "operation musical chairs" may have been?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm just going completely out on a limb here, but to me the "Order of the Flying Mushrooms" sounds like an air-force group tasked with handling air-launched nuclear weapons...

As for operation musical-chairs, i think perhaps it could have something to do with the ferrying of nukes over to the UK or some other place in europe.

To me this seems logical in that time period, as the US would have been able to hit ground much sooner than the USSR, if their strategic weapons were closer the Reds than the Reds' nukes were from the US...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
my opinion - its an UNOFFICIAL " award " produced in house - many units produce joke certificates

join