It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minorities to become majority by 2042

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shellyhkIt's so funny how you can talk down about a certain race and act so superior when you seem to be the poorest representation of white people. It shouldn't come as a surprise that mexicans run rampant in texas when Texas did belong to Mexico at one time. It's not the increase in population of Mexicans or hispanics that is gonna be a problem, it's the current portion of ignorants such as yourself and all the other racists on this thread that make the US bite arse today. While you might want to consider taking a course in basic spanish, you should seriously think about signing up for Humanity 101 as well.

So should I complain and whine that I am not hispanic or black?
No one seems to have a problem when I say "thank the gods I was born in Texas" or "thank the gods I am irish."

I know there would be no problem if I said "thank the gods I have freckles" or "thank the gods I tan easily." Certainly I have never been scolded and called ignorant for saying "I am thankful that I have red hair and blue eyes."

But the minute I say "thank the gods that I am white" I am suddenly ignorant and should sign up for Humanity 101??

It is part of who I am and I am grateful that I am who I am including my white skin. That doesn't mean that I am burning crosses in the yards of the black folk or sitting on my front porch shooting at any mexican that should pass by.

I am proud to be a Texan. Should ppl in New York or California be offended? Hell no!! I am white, texan, and have the irish blood...... this is all who I am and w/ or w/out your approval, I am still thankful that it is all a part of what makes me who I am, silly rabbit!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shellyhk

Originally posted by ADisbeliever
To those that say this is a good thing, what would you think about all the whites of the world moving to Africa and becoming the majority there, and destroying the African culture by replacing it with their own?

umm...this has already been done...United States took over Texas, California, nevada, new Mexico, Arizona, Utah, some of Colorado, some of Wyoming...probably like 50% of Mexico's land. I guess karma can be a *****!!

What?

I am not talking about a nation taking over another nation via warfare. Read again.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

uh.. I noticed you were in texas as well. Must be living in one of the few redneck towns cuz where I am at, most ppl know quite a bit of spanish. My ex had to learn it to move up in his job and it shocks me how fluent he is in speaking it considering he picked it up from "life" rather than taking courses.

I can understand quite a bit of it bc the mexicans are running rampant around here. I didn't even qualify for jobs that I once qualified a few years back bc I can't speak spanish.

And does press #1 for english ring any bells?? Warnings, informative signs, etc all are translated into spanish automatically. At least here in tx, speaking spanish is quite the norm and becoming a requirement for quite a few jobs.

It is the same here in California. The government will never do anything about it though. The Dems want the votes and social programs and the Republicans want the cheap labor. It's pointless.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

So should I complain and whine that I am not hispanic or black?
No one seems to have a problem when I say "thank the gods I was born in Texas" or "thank the gods I am irish."

I know there would be no problem if I said "thank the gods I have freckles" or "thank the gods I tan easily." Certainly I have never been scolded and called ignorant for saying "I am thankful that I have red hair and blue eyes."

But the minute I say "thank the gods that I am white" I am suddenly ignorant and should sign up for Humanity 101??

no, you can thank the gods all you want for being white or for whatever color skin, hair, you have, etc....it's good to be proud; i certainly have no problem with that. It's when you have to hold back from using descriptives of how you really feel about hispanics and how you appear to be disgusted with so many Mexicans "running rampant" where you live. I'm from Texas, too, and speak little Spanish and haven't had issues in finding a good job.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by shellyhk

Well, certainly I have gone other avenues to find other sources of income.

The point of THAT particular post was to say how quickly the spanish language has become a part of everyday life... in the span of a few years. I once qualified for a particular line of work that I had busted my arse to build a reputable foundation upon only to find out a few years later that now I had to learn spanish to be considered for the same position. It was a response to something someone else had written.

I will ALWAYS find a way to make it though.. so my issue isn't so much about complaining, it was merely shedding a light on THAT particular issue.

And hell, ppl have used MANY a descriptive word to describe the Irish (which I am not one by birth, but rather the blood runs through my veins as is evident in my skin, hair, and eye color; my temper; my impatience and stubborness; my quick wit; my opinionated mouth; my inability to conduct myself in a civilized manner when whiskey is in the picture hehe; etc etc). It isn't an issue though when ppl use those descriptive words for the Irish because we never make it an issue. We laugh along and agree w/ the stereotypes.

I have known a couple mexicans that I would be more proud to call my friends than the brainwashed politically correct idiots running around in america today. But generally speaking, the Mexican are abusing my and other fellow texans tax dollars in many ways and the good honest mexicans will even admit that, drink a beer w/ you, and bitch over their own race's crimes against this country. Yes, I have more descriptive terms for them and better uses for them
Sue me

[edit on 14-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by shellyhk

I have known a couple mexicans that I would be more proud to call my friends than the brainwashed politically correct idiots running around in america today. But generally speaking, the Mexican are abusing my and other fellow texans tax dollars in many ways and the good honest mexicans will even admit that, drink a beer w/ you, and bitch over their own race's crimes against this country. Yes, I have more descriptive terms for them and better uses for them
Sue me

Every race has their own form or class of low life trash, but to bash every Mexican because of some is ridiculous. Hispanics aren't the only people that commit crimes against this country and burn taxpayer money so don't be quick to single them out. Just because you hear a person make fun and poke at their own culture, it doesn't give you the green flag to go ahead and do the same as well...that's plain ignoramus.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shellyhkEvery race has their own form or class of low life trash, but to bash every Mexican because of some is ridiculous. Hispanics aren't the only people that commit crimes against this country and burn taxpayer money so don't be quick to single them out. Just because you hear a person make fun and poke at their own culture, it doesn't give you the green flag to go ahead and do the same as well...that's plain ignoramus.

You are going off of one reply of mine and forming your opinion of me. How is that any different than the type of person you view me to be and are upset at?

Did you not read my reply to you? I am not racist although based on that ONE reply, I can see how you would come to that conclusion. You have failed to read ALL my posts on this board and are basing your conclusion of the way I view things simply off this thread.

Go check out other threads I have posted in... you will find that I have bones to pick w/ ppl who are white, black, red, brown, yellow.... whatever. I also can pick ppl out of every race that I hold in high regard. I do stereotype JUST AS ppl w/ different skin colors do to me, but I form my opinion on a personal level based on the individual and their values.

You judging me based on this ONE thread is pretty ironic considering what you are upset at me about. However, it happens to even the best. No hard feelings on my part

EDITED TO ADD: And no, I don't need their permission to poke fun at their culture just as they need no green light whatsoever to poke fun at our culture. I just am not the type of person that worries about offending others, otherwise I would end up a complete anti social basket case. Take it or leave it. I rarely get offended by others' opinions of me....... what I DO take offense to is the imposition of other ppl's offenses onto my life and my opinions.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hispanics aren't the only people that commit crimes against this country and burn taxpayer money so don't be quick to single them out.

Yet 10-20+ million of them shouldnt even be here in the first place to commit crimes or burn our taxpayers money.

It's perfectly acceptable to single them out.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth

Hispanics aren't the only people that commit crimes against this country and burn taxpayer money so don't be quick to single them out.

Yet 10-20+ million of them shouldnt even be here in the first place to commit crimes or burn our taxpayers money.

It's perfectly acceptable to single them out.

If they were born here, they belong here and deserve the same rights as yourself...don't bunch them together with illegals just because they are of the same color...no, it is not acceptable to single out the mexican Americans that belong here just as much as you do.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

If they were born here, they belong here and deserve the same rights as yourself...don't bunch them together with illegals just because they are of the same color...no, it is not acceptable to single out the mexican Americans that belong here just as much as you do.

It is when those very same legal or natural born hispanics support illegals getting citizenship, as they were during the little illegal invader rallies.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Go back and read everything you stated except for the one post where you came across as a little more decent, right up until the end. Yes, you are a racist. I'm going off of everything you said..."Yes, I have more descriptive terms for them and better uses for them, sue me"??? Come on, now...you're saying it's okay to bash a race because they supposedly bash you...grow up....be the better person. If you think it's okay to just offend everyone, then that's just a plain, hateful individual, period. I got appluase here, in this thread from a forum staff member, so at least one good thing came out of this ugly, ugly thread. I can't change your viewpoint or the other ignorants in here and make you see the ugliness in your words, so I'll take my extra points and leave you to wallow in your hate. Good luck in 2042, lol.

Heyy...i thought the motto for ATS was deny ignorance!?!? hmmm...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

Not all hispanics support illegals gaining entrance to the US and it's not only hispanics who are against building a border, or stalling to build a border for that matter.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Go back and read everything you stated except for the one post where you came across as a little more decent, right up until the end. Yes, you are a racist. I'm going off of everything you said..."Yes, I have more descriptive terms for them and better uses for them, sue me"??? Come on, now...you're saying it's okay to bash a race because they supposedly bash you...grow up....be the better person. If you think it's okay to just offend everyone, then that's just a plain, hateful individual, period. I got appluase here, in this thread from a forum staff member, so at least one good thing came out of this ugly, ugly thread. I can't change your viewpoint or the other ignorants in here and make you see the ugliness in your words, so I'll take my extra points and leave you to wallow in your hate. Good luck in 2042, lol.

If you are interested in denying ignorance, then perhaps its time to do away with the myths that diversity is a good thing, that more minorities will be beneficial to the U.S., and that less racial homogeny benefits anyone.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Not all hispanics support illegals gaining entrance to the US and it's not only hispanics who are against building a border, or stalling to build a border for that matter.

I never said all. Simply the majority of. Hispanics see immigration as a race issue first and foremost. Same goes with the candyass leftists who believe in the little fairy tale that "no human being is illegal" line of bullcrap.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Am I seriously the only one here who thinks this may not be the best thing for the country?

Really?

The fact that you think that minorities having more population than majority could be bad for the country is an awfully racist statement.

Since population changes slowly over time, this is not a dramatic change.
So, I fail to see how this could be bad for the country.
This is what makes up our country.

We are a boiling pot, and always have been.

I remember a show on History channel about the first Americans. They proved that there were people here BEFORE Native Americans crossed the Land Bridge.

So, the idea that we stole all of the land from the Indians is also false. This land has been communal property forever.
This show proved that there were fishermen along the west coast who followed the kelp from Europe. There were Pacific Islanders and Asians during this time.

So, anyways OP, you need to get over the fact that there are minorities here. Also, minorities have outnumbered the majority for many years now all together. But, there hasn't been a single minority that has surpassed the majority.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Given that number of negative factors that comes with increased minority populations, an increase in said populations is the last thing we need.

It isnt racist to point out the truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Let me set you straight darlin'

1. I stand behind EVERYTHING I have stated on this thread. Bullying me and using the "political correctness" card has never accomplished much in getting me to change my opinion. I see reality.. I rarely go for the vomit being fed to me by those who seek to make me conform to their retarded views of "lets join hands and be one."

2. I could care less about coming off as decent. I will be the first to stand up and fight for those close to me (those that work hard for what they have and don't look for hand outs from their own gov't, let alone other ppl's gov't), but I don't waste my time or energy on those who mooch off of what is not theirs. I don't care if your skin is brown, black, white, red, or yellow....... I am not Jesus and don't feel that "calling" to accept everyone. Call it racist, call it being a bitch, call it what you will. I call it being selective based on values rather than skin type. I am a momma and I'll be damned if I don't stand up and speak out against what is going on in this world that ultimately will affect my kids.

If you are a spic, towel head, white trash, negro, what the *snip* ever...... looking for handouts and mooching...... being retarded will get you NOWHERE in my book.

Why should you care? you shouldn't dumb arse!
These are MY views and you are entitled to yours. I don't like you all that much and let me guess....... you are white, are you not? IF not than you come off as one of the millions of brainwashed white americans who don't understand anything but what they are told to understand.

3. I don't care about being the better person. My kids have a VERY nice roof over their heads; a comfy place in which they can rest every night all provided by YOURS TRULY; I have family and friends that would walk to hell and back for me and mine and I would do likewise for them..... so what the hell do I care about being the "better person" according to you. My family and friends know w/out a doubt they have earned their place in my heart and that I would NEVER betray them for the politically correct view to gain "the better person" points as defined by society. They know I have their back come hell or society's demands (which is closely related to hell in my view)

4. in reply to your "if you think it is okay to offend" ....... I DON'T give a *snip* if you are offended. PPL are offended at the most benign views, so why not just say how I really view things?? PPL got offended at Jesus' message, ghandi, john lennon...... shall I go on? If you are worried about offending then shut up and sit down bc your political correctness and judgemental attitude is offending me. However, I don't take offense quite so personally as you do....
If you came over tonight, I'd offer ya a beer and continue the debate

5. Thank the gods that you concede....... cuz my stubborness is unlikely to allow me to concede by my own will. One of the downfalls of having the irish blood

[edit on 15-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Large scale migrations are part of your country's history. It is very common to see the original settlers and even previous immigrants complaining about the phenomena, but you need to consider that until the social status of these countries is fixed illegal/legal immigrants won't stop flowing in.

The attention of this issue is right away diverted to the real truth behind it, it is a racial issue. Please worry no more, after a couple of generations this people will talk and behave like you. If you feel so empty that you think that your only cultural form of identity is your skin color then you have a problem, fortunately it won't be a problem for your grand kids because they'll live in a more racially diverse country (see South American countries like Brazil and Venezuela).

Upper classes in colonized countries (see USA, Mexico, Colombia, and others) are mainly constituted of direct descendants of Europeans (mostly whites of course) but this problem will also fade away since racial diversification is inevitable; This is a great thing! Not only will your culture be transformed, but your successors will gradually learn to accept the outcome of the change since they themselves will be part of it. It is understandable that there's anger and fear in you, your egoistic thoughts at the moment blind you. Not very long ago African-Americans couldn't sit next to you, perhaps the mindset still prevails but social etiquette and laws help conceal it.

People wonder why it is so hard for nations to live in harmony. It is barriers like this one that set us apart, the same goes for languages, religions, and political divisions. I do not consider myself a globalist, but I believe we are all headed in the same direction considering that common interests and technology unites the world more strongly as it advances. Animals move can move freely from country to country? Why can't we do so ourselves? Is it all about greed, competence for domination, and egoism?

There's a difference between someone looking for a better, honest life and someone making a life out of taking lives, stealing, and raping people. Immigrants who commit crimes really are a minority and when they are caught (which most of them are), they are usually deported or sent to prison, the rest of the hardworking immigrants remain in the country for reasons that only the American government knows, reasons that anti-migratory activists may theorize. OK, it's pretty obvious that it is all about the cheap labor, but your government has proven that it really can't do anything about it and it can't go beyond the demands of human rights institutions. So I guess no massive deportations or holocaust for these people (though an eventual military draft with "apparent benefits" could be considered a mix of both).

Stop whining about illegal/legal immigration, people have been doing it for thousands if not millions of years, real criminals deserve to be treated like such. You should focus on more important things like trying to become more self-sufficient and less dependent on your government, or more importantly rescuing your first ten amendments.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Given that number of negative factors that comes with increased minority populations, an increase in said populations is the last thing we need.

It isnt racist to point out the truth.

Yes, many people blame minorities for alot of things. I think the majority is the problem also. We have alot of problems in the US.

What I think is funny, is that the majority is ALREADY outnumbered by minorities, as long as you're figuring in the Illegal Immigrants also.
So, I find a news article with a date to be humorous.

What would change by 2042 that isn't already happening?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well, whites are not quite the minority* yet, but it's close. I think it's estimated there are 35 million illegal immigrants in the USA, that study was done in 2007 so there's probably more now.

This "whites will be minority by 2042" estimate is based off the census, and the thing is, illegal aliens aren't included in the census. Only citizens are, as far as I know, since the government needs to have you documented and in their database in order to send you the census forms.

So in reality, whites will probably be a minority by 2012, not 2042. At the current immigration and reproduction rates of non-whites, it's also fairly accurate to say that whites will be practically non-existent in the USA by 2070, and finally whites will cease to exist / extinct by the year 2150. That's of course if nothing changes, or there isn't some kind of last-resort effort to preserve whites and keep them alive, or something else radically changes the future.

*in the USA

[edit on 15-8-2008 by ADisbeliever]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join