It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So can they and will they...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
...ever make an airplane and helicopter work on hydrogen?

They've made it for certain automobiles, so why cant they?

Anyone know why aircraft was skipped over as overlooked when it comes to the move away from the oil?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

There have been projects, if not actual flying prototypes. Hydrogen is suppressed tech, elitists want us on scarce fuels because they want us on an artificially low standard of living, and aircraft manufacture is one of the most centralized control industrial processes on earth, because they are simply regulated to death.

That said, we have had the first electric plane recently and soon we will probably see ethanol based engines, if we haven't already, I'm not as up to date on aircraft tech as I once was. Oh, just remembered, the Moller sky cars are running on ethanol already.

So I guess it's only a question of time. And then we also have the elephant in the room, the electrogravitic technology...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yes, it is entirely possible, and a favorable thing altogether.

Remember the Concorde jet? Really really fast, but really expensive to fly?

Well there is a new version in the works, which runs on hydrogen. It will have zero emissions, but travel at Mach 5 (Brussels to Sydney in 2-4 hours).

Naturally, this will be quite expensive because those who can afford it don't want those who can't to feel worthy of their devices

EDIT: Link to news story

[edit on 8/13/2008 by iceofspades]

join