It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So here it goes......
In 2001 my maternal grandmother lost her long fight with breast and lung cancer. The evening she passed is when weird occurrences started. I was 13 at the time and I remember thinking that something just wasn’t right. The night she passed we all knew she didn't have much longer. She was incoherent and rambling about going to the zoo, and how she was happy it was Thanksgiving and everyone was together (It was January). She then began talking about her little brother (who had died at an early age way before I was even born). She was saying how happy she was he was there and carry on conversations with him. It was dismissed by the family as just another of her rants.
The first thing that I can not explain happened when I was sitting by the side of my grandmother with my little brother. We were both being quite not talking (what are children supposed to talk about being on the side of their grandmothers dead bead?), when we heard a loud pop (for lack of a better word) in the kitchen. Some of the adults had been sitting around the table, and my I remember my mother saying, "What the hell was that?!" My bother and I went to the kitchen as the adults looked for the source of the noise. It ended up being a glass cup that had just broke in the cabinet. Nobody had been near it, as they were all sitting around the table. This occurrence was looked at as weird, but nothing to get worked up over. Later that day my mother sent me and my brother to stay at a friends home. Knowing my grandmother was going to pass, she didn’t want us there to witness it. Nothing else happened until the next day.
My grandmother did pass at a little past midnight that evening, and was taken away before my brother and I returned back home in the morning. The second occurrence happened while I was helping reset the living room the way it used to be. My grandmother's medical bed had been placed in the living room for the time being and now that it was gone things were to be set back the way they were before. I was in the middle of placing items back on a end table when the television just came on. It stayed on a white TV channel (Fuzz, snow, whatever you call it) for a few seconds then just cut out. Now this couldn't be explained away due to a remote being pressed on and off, because my grandmother had one of those old TV's that you had to manually change the channels on. My aunt and mom were present for this, and just looked at each other. I remember asking, "What was that?" and my mom said it must have been a power surge.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
After this I was scared. I am not going to lie. I was 13 staying in my dead grandma's house and now a tv came on by itself and a glass broke in a cabinet with nobody around. I was ready to leave. That night as we were preparing for bed I refused to sleep alone I insisted on sleeping in the bed with my mom. That was when things got real interesting. That evening I remember not being sleepy. I laid in bed next to my mom just staring at the ceiling. After midnight (My mom said later it was exactly 24 hours after grandma passed) I saw something I have remembered to this day. I am going to do my best to explain what I saw, even though I do not think words are enough to describe the situation.
In the far left corner or the room I saw the brightest white light I have ever seen. I first noticed it when it basically "came on" like a lamp would when you flick a switch. It did not have a definitive figure. It was just a beam from the floor to the ceiling. Despite how bright it was it didn’t light up the rest of the room. Now when I say this was bright I mean it was nothing but pure white light, however it didn’t hurt when I looked at it. As soon as it registered in my mind what I was looking at, the light just “went out.” After it went out I woke my mom up frantically. Just as I was explaining what happened it came on again. This time she saw it. As soon as it came on we both sat up, and she grabbed me and held me close as if protecting me. I was so scared I started crying. The light then went out again, and then back on (like it was pulsating). The third and final time it came on we both began screaming. The light went out just as my Dad came running in from the living room.
To this day we both do not know what the light was. We still talk about it from time to time. We have not been able to explain it away either. There were no storms in the area, so it couldn’t have been lightning. It couldn’t have been a car driving by the window with lights or bights on because the light we saw was stationary and car lights would not be bright enough.
What I am looking for with this post is basically someone else who maybe can give me some insight or someone who has had a similar experience…… The occurrences of those two days are just beyond my comprehension.
Now on a final note I have been around enough ATS threads to know that people will basically demand proof of me. I have none to offer. No pictures, nothing. I do not want to convince anyone of anything, nor do I have any ulterior motives. I simply wanted to tell my story.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Your encounters with unexplainable phenomenon sound intriguing and, dare I say, wonderful.

Don't beat yourself up over how you reacted. As you said, you were a child.
I, too, have had encounters that I ran from when I was young that I wish I could redo in a calm manner.

Thanks again, for sharing your story.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story, you're very brave in my opinion and reactions are only natural, they don't define us.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am not ashamed at all by my reaction. I was 13 and scared out of my mind. Personally I do not know if I would react any differently if it were to happen to me again today LOL
Regardless, does anyone have any thoughts on what it may have been or heard of anything like this?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Okay I am pretty bummed that almost 200 people have viewed this thread and nobody has really commented on what this "light" may have been........ Nobody has any ideas?

top topics

join