It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Noah's Ark be a parable about a space ship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Is it possible that Noah's Ark is a parable about taking one of each species on earth aboard a spaceship to preserve mankind from some catastrophe that occurred thousands of years ago?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, ofcourse it is possible. But what you have got to ask yourself: Is it probable? Is there any evidence that there was a few thousands of years ago a catastrophe so large that it would kill all the animals and humans, while leaving all plants unharmed? Why haven't we found one layer in our geological layers with remains of thousands of killed animals and some evidence of this huge catastrophe? Considering all this, I don't think that happened.

In my opinion the story of Noah's ark is either a legend of a some flood in a small part of the world that has changed a lot over the years before this was written down or it was made up entirely.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but wasn't there a show about noah's ark on the discovery or history channel? Plus, where the hell would that dove have come. The bible itself was written by man, and would have the creativity and imagination of man.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
In my opinion the story of Noah's ark is either a legend of a some flood in a small part of the world that has changed a lot over the years before this was written down or it was made up entirely.

I agree with amantine's idea is the most likely explanation for Noah's ark. There is evidence to support several major floods have occured in the past.

As far as Noah's ark as a spaceship, well then you would have to believe we came from somewhere like mars. Possible, yes. Until we have evidence that any life existed on mars it's just speculation.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My question with the whole noahs are thing, what did the carnivors eat if there was only 2 of each animal? Surely they didnt eat other animals, and there was no way they could preserve meats for the time it said it took for them to get to land.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
**the Noah Ark story....could be alagory or myth,

what is important-> It Is an Object Lesson !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is rumor/speculation now-a-days that
a whole ISS (space station) module
is dedicated to storing DNA samples
of all living creatures on earth today,

for purpose of reconstituting the
food chain & bio-sphere
IF ever there was a mass-extinction
astroid impact or a Nuclear Winter!

Rumor has it that NOAA (National
Oceanographic Atmospheric Administration)
is funding this (DNA samples) ARK (ISS Module)

~*~

So,the ancient Ark, may have been a precurser
to the space ship NOAAs-ARK we have orbiting now...

for God/Creator...time can fold in on itself...making
the Noah Ark of the past a misrepresention of the
NOAA Module of today???

woo-wooo-wwoo-woo-woo!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine

Perhaps the event that created the mediterranean sea??

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The theme of a Noah's Ark as a Space Ship was covered in the 1951 movie When Worlds Collide.

Thoughfully one could take the direction of ideas and ask questions about the origin of "parables," such as Noah's Ark. I could not understand why any article of faith, such as literal fundamentalism, would preclude things like brotherhood, peace on earth, you know the real essential truths. Even today schisms divide people, and I suppose this entire picture is highly exploitable by third parties such as the "global elite," whatever that is.

Jesus taught in parables, and the Apostles interpreted things in allegories. Parables of course were supposedly true stories, allegories were probably a best guess of what the parable meant. So there is truth in a story, and more ideas from interpretations. One could say that these schisms are allegorical, but central governments and various fundamentalists appear to want truth to have only one allegory. All of these sectarian things have a purpose though, preserving something sacred although people may be divided in what they are "supposed to think."

So if the allegory of the Noah's Ark "parable," is a "space ship," why not think about it?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I thought it usually was thought to be the creation of the black sea. Ruins of towns have been found underwater there. An event like that must have been traumatic to the people living there. I can imagine the myth about such an event gets carried to a lot of different cultures.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
To answer the original question, no. The old testament was not parables, but history. Christ spoke in parables on many occasion, not the authors of the O.T.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
There has been evidence to prove that world wide catastrophies and flooding has occurred, but it is not "mainstream" just like the many giant skeletons found all over the world.There is also evidence of polar shifting.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Personally, I believe that the story of Noah's Ark was an account of one of the great floods that would have taken place at the end of the most recent Ice Age, which would have been only 14,000 years or so ago. Many different cultures have similar flood stories, and while it is possible that these tales are merely parables or metaphors, it is not as probable that every one of the civilizations involved would tell the same parable.

JON

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malkavin
what did the carnivors eat if there was only 2 of each animal? .

Possibly they were brought on as very young animals so they took up less space, also I'm sure they could've taken some other mamals milk they only had to last 40 days and nights.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Malkavin
what did the carnivors eat if there was only 2 of each animal? .

Possibly they were brought on as very young animals so they took up less space, also I'm sure they could've taken some other mamals milk they only had to last 40 days and nights.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Noah's ark was a spaceship. wouldnt each animal of the earth have been a DNA sample?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I don't know about the ark being a spaceship, but it's a hell of a bit more plausible to fit 2 DNA samples of all the animals on Earth on the ark than 2 living examples of every creature. There is no way they could have met the environmental and nutritional needs of that many different species on a friggin boat.

JON

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Are you saying that noah also had a background in genetics. How did he grow the animals from the DNA after the flood?

If GOD was involved would'nt it be possible for him to fit whatever he wanted onto the Ark?

top topics

join