It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Anyone Help My Friend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ok, I have a friend who I belive to have schrizophrenia and right now is having illusions of another reality. She belives that there is something/Somebody in her life that is a virus and needs to be blocked from her.

"but i've been recieving this sense.
and its like someone in my life at the moment, does not belong
and if anything were to happen with said person.
time would reverse
and it is untold how much would be reversed.
so basically somebody doesn't belong."

I seriously don't know what to do Help Please?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I suggest that you try and talk her in to going and seeking help from a doctor,

Really she needs to see someone to get the help that she needs.

Maybe you can go with her to help her explain, The quicker she gets the help the quicker she can get back to her normal self,

How long has this been going on?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Well, its been going on about 2 months or more now, theres a problem of how I can't go with her, she has tried to see a doctor before, they only give her anti-depressant pills. I can't go with her since she is a Internet friend.

She hears voices, (audio Haullcinations)

I will try again to get her help.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OMFGitsJack

I noticed that you are young Jack.. Is your friend the same age as you? If so, do her parents /guardians have any idea that something is going on?

One thing to also keep in mind.. PPl can and do say whatever they want to online.. I hope you know this person well enough that she isnt out for attention.

I think an adult in her family needs to be told. ( speaking as a parent )

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

Yes we are both fourteen, and Im doubting most people know it aswell as I do that she has this. I do belive she is telling the truth I have known her a year online, I have met her once and I am planning on keeping in touch, we have a trusting friendship even though it is online.

Yes but I'm not in the position to tell any of her family since im not in contact with them.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
the quicker she is able to seek proper help the better for her, im not sure what things are like where she is but here you get refered to a mental health clinic and the doctors there are more knowledgable in treating these kind of ailments however time is an important factor in wether or not she will be able to manage this affliction.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Jack

This is a tough situation you are in.

Schizophrenia is the only (that I know of) mental illness that comes with hallucinations, auditory and visual. It also does not fully manifest till the early twenties.

Is she having other symptoms?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is a lot for a fourteen year old to have weighing on his shoulders. The best you can do hun is try to convince her to talk to her parents. She needs medical attention as soon as possible. This will not fix itself. Just know that you are a good friend for being concerned and that you are doing all that you can. Keep us posted! **hugs**

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

I will say all I know,

-She Is hearing Voices,
-Tonight shes had visions of a differant reality
-She thinks someones a virus in her life
-Possibly A Split Personality (Been referring to someone as 'she')
-Beliving to be predicting the future or past
-Had Belived that I was here and put on Earth to be alike her and to be friends with her, but also to mess up her reality.

Im Not sure what else,
I have a strange feeling some could relate to when i met her about a month ago, I aswell feel a loss of reality, like Psychosis, but not as bad as hers.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
ok its 02:16 I may sleep, Lol, A bit late, not had alot of sleep lately, I will check on this tomorrow morning.

Thank you for you help up to now, and if any more ideas come please write them

[edit on 11-8-2008 by OMFGitsJack]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well I don't want to sound like a "know it all", my post secondary education is in abnormal psychology and i work with "crazy....lack of a better word" high school students.

I am looking at my DSM4 (Diagnoses Mental Problems)

Now Schizophrenia & Split Personality are two totally different things.

If she is telling the truth, those don't sound like "made up" things, she needs to see a Psychotherapist. I think the sad thing is if she is actually seeing visions or having premonitions, delusions, that means psychotropic meds.

Encourage her to talk to her parents and give support by a listening ear.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Your friend definately needs help. I think a psychiatrist would be best. A psychiatrist to administer the medication and maybe a psychologist to talk things out with. Medication can work wonders - it has helped me - however, the hard part is finding what is wrong and finding the right medicine (what works for one person might not work for another). It is never a quick fix though like a broken arm or sprained ankle.

Does your friend dabble in the occult by any chance? like ouija boards, ghosts and stuff like that? If so - get rid of the ouija board - throw it in the garbage (don't just put it away in the basement or closet). I know we live in the age of science but there is some weird stuff out there.

Does your friend admit she needs professional help? Knowing that she needs help is the first step! She is lucky you are there for her!

top topics

join