It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutually assured destruction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The question is simple; is mutually assured destruction still on the table?

Could a sitting president of the United States push the button? Would congress let him/her? Is the option still available or have those systems been disconnected because of UN, NATO, or other PC reasons?

With Russia acting up and the threat of a war escalation on the horizon, if Iran, Israel, Russia, or any other country went nuclear would there be a massive exchange or nukes or would we sit and wring hands?

Also, another thought for consideration:
New Cuban Missile Crisis?

Looks like another 13 days type scenario is possible.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I hope that MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) is off the table. But I think that it is not. All you have to do is see who has their fingers on the button and those who advise them.

We are seeing the destabilisation and balkanisation of the ex-Soviet States and, Russia is responding agressively to this. Russia is likely to start dumping dollars onto the world markets and this will prompt the west to escalate due to economic turmoil.

This is not a good scenario for the west and the Neo-Con lead Bush Administration may use this as an excuse for a first strike action and also as an excuse to implement martial law and suspend the november election.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Man, thats some good comentary. But, lets start a new thread and discuss it there.

***PLEASE start that thread I want to comment on that AND stay on topic here

join