It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saakashvili: what do you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i just turned on the news and its was a press conferance with saakashvili the president of georgia and he seemed to me like a bit of a lunatic.
what do you guys make of his claims that russia have been executing civillians and the like and where do you think this war will go

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think we, as a world, need to finally wake up to Putin. The man is evil incarnate. The warning signs have been going on for a long time -- dissident murders, self-agrandizing statements and mock tsarist celebrations, and the fact that Russian spying on America has been at the highest level since the height of the Cold War.

To me, yet again, our intelligence community and our administration has been lulled and blinded by our "Friends" the Russians. Now, I believe the Bear sees the U.S. as crippled, hamstrung on two war fronts, NATO a defensive organization without the will to defend and the world so used to unprecedented economic expansion and peace, they'll appease any aggressor nation to any length to avoid war.

Russia is going to March into Georgia; take it over; and eventually follow into Armenia and Azerbaijan. It will then have a doorway into the Mideast. It will strengthen its military ties and relations with Iran, probably help the country light years with its nuke stockpile by installing mobile missiles in the country. All of this with a singluar goal and an eye on the Mideast. It's goal: Become the controller of world oil.

And its two big thorns to rid: U.S. and Israel. U.S. they can cripple economically with high oil, wait us out to leave the Mideast; or if needs be engage in a limited nuclear war with us. Israel? Just swarm into the country with its arab alies.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well, Georgia started the conflict by charging into South Ossetia on the eve of the Olympics thinking everyone was distracted.

Before that, they had cut off S. Ossetia's water supply. Perhaps they learnt that trick from their Israeli trainers, ala Gaza-style.

Only difference is, instead of being met with crude homemade rockets, they've ticked Russia off and are now feeling the consequences.

I can't see why everyone is so surprised at Russia's response. The US has been planting so-called 'missile shields' around in ex-Soviet states, expanding NATO, and now crying fowl at the response it's prompted.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The first press conference I saw with Saakashvili, I was impressed with his manner of remaining cool considering what was going on. I thought it odd that he was speaking English. I understand that he had an American education and all, but it seems he would have been speaking to the people of Georgia, not English speakers around the world. Then I noticed he continued to speak English in subsequent talks, and I'm now left believing that he is doing so on purpose to appeal to get help from Western countries. Does he even speak Georgian? After all, 71% of his citizens do speak Georgian

Then just the way I saw the headline about how he was talking about the new ceasefire proposal (in English
) and then blipped out after he said bombers were flying in.

Just the way he is acting and handling things, he does seem to be on the nutty side. Not to mention his facial expressions while he is speaking on camera. :shk:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i agree with mattguy

what georgia has done is wrong and russia have responded duly.
when i watched saakashvili's press conferace he said some very strange things like (when asked about the gunning down of two russia aircraft before war broke out) the plane was flying low and that stuff happens.
do these seem like the words of a man that should be in charge of a country.
I think the best thing georgia can do is back down and try peaceful negotions

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
He's most likely Jewish. The defense minister is an Israeli. It's no surprise they bought weapons and training from Israel.

Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili attends a ceremony during which he received an honorary Doctorate of Philosophy from Haifa University in northern Israel, during a conference about global energy and political trends, 31 October 2006. AFP PHOTO/GALI TIBBON (Photo credit should read GALI TIBBON/AFP/Getty Images)
www.daylife.com...

[edit on 11-8-2008 by evildoer]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
ehmmm...
what does his religion have to do with anything

also what do you think of the west involvement in the russia/georgia conflict.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Then I noticed he continued to speak English in subsequent talks, and I'm now left believing that he is doing so on purpose to appeal to get help from Western countries.

Add to that his posing in front of the EU flag, for which he got no authorization from EU, and the guy is a complete political whore in addition to being a nut.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I am really surprised how American and European propaganda hide all the facts about this so-called president. He killed 1600 people living in his country, started war an the first day of olimpiad. He couldn't do that without USA approval for sure.

new topics

top topics

join