It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little transparent creature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I find the creature particularly interesting. The video seems authentic too.

www.youtube.com...

What do you think this little naughty boy is?

Do we have any Zoologists here?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It's clearly underwater , filmed in a glass bottom boat or something .

A form of sea slug would my guess

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well, its not transparent at least... And I find it odd that it crawls on the leafs, without them moving. And I don't agree on the underwater-theory posted above.

But, looks like a simple caterpillar to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Well, its not transparent at least... And I find it odd that it crawls on the leafs, without them moving. And I don't agree on the underwater-theory posted above.

But, looks like a simple caterpillar to me.

Yes, but the creature seems to be transparent because you can see what seems to be its intestines.

Furthermore it has a long tail and it has fast, well coordinated movements. Not the sluggish caterpillar type.

If it is a caterpillar can someone say which one?

I'm still not convinced.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The world can be an amazing place if you leave your basement. This is not a new species, not an alien life form. This is just a common drone fly larva. I'd supply a link, but some people on this site need some practice researching things...

EDIT: case closed

[edit on 10-8-2008 by somedood]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
possible matches, also...it looks like its underwater, but you can clearly see its not after watching all the footage.

currently digging deeper, hopefully i will know exactly what it is soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

possibly the drone fly larvae.

but the one in the video looks alittle different. maybe its just in a different stage of its evolutionary stage.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Richard.M.J.Palmer

At what point exactly is it clear this footage is not taken in water? Are we looking at the same video? The one I watched was clearly shot using some sort of glass container to look into the water.

Besides that the thing is absolutely identical to a drone fly larvae and the pictures you posted look nothing like it.

This thread was already solved...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by somedood
reply to post by Richard.M.J.Palmer

At what point exactly is it clear this footage is not taken in water? Are we looking at the same video? The one I watched was clearly shot using some sort of glass container to look into the water.

Besides that the thing is absolutely identical to a drone fly larvae and the pictures you posted look nothing like it.

This thread was already solved...

the picture i posted is a drone fly larvae, please get your facts straight mister.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It looked like a leech to me. Maybe a Stikkicave leech on account of it being transparent. Freaky lil bugger is looking for some blood to suck to quench its insatiable blood lust.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It does look like some kind of leach,and it does look like it's in the water. that reflection,it's the water surface. The person who posted the video says that they found it in the pond. I think that could count for the leaves only moving slightly as it moves over them. Its body mass wasn't as heavy in the water.

[edit on 26/8/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Nothing new, just seems to be a pigmintation flaw or birth defect.

Hell I really don't know, but it's cool.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Richard.M.J.Palmer
"possibly the drone fly larvae."
Exactly what Somedood said earlier.

"also...it looks like its underwater, but you can clearly see its not after watching all the footage."
"...all the footage." Is there more? Where can I find it? After watching it a few times, it being underwater is what it looks like to me.

Also, just how does that work with it possibly being the drone fly larvae? Those two things don't seem to work too well together.

Somedood
"The world can be an amazing place if you leave your basement."
The world IS an amazing place and I don't have a basement.

"I'd supply a link, but some people on this site need some practice researching things."
I agree with you in not just giving someone the answer to anything, but at some point, will that not just result in others spending their time learning the same things you've learned and find nothing new themselves? That sounds like a never-ending loop of a whole lot of no progress to me.

The knowledge you have of something will be gone the moment you die and will have absolutely no value unless it's shared with others.

These are just my thoughts after reading what you said.
I'll leave it to you to think about it for a while.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Like it says in one of the replies on youtube...

new topics

top topics

join