It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme sports are a threat to us all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am worried about the massive increase in participation in extreme sports. Sky diving, hang gliding, downhill skiing and snowboarding, the list goes on. Don't people realize that these are all gravity powered sports? Vast amounts of gravity are being consumed and for what? Is it just for fun and profit or could there be a darker purpose?

Who (or what) is behind this plan to reduce gravity levels on Earth? Who are the purveyors of the equipment that is sucking up the very thing that holds our feet firmly on the ground? Why are we incessantly bombarded by the media with images of beautiful women and men engaging in these wasteful activities? What could they be hoping to achieve? What is the plan that will soon have us all drifting off of our Mother Earth?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Who has something to gain?

Obviously this insidious plot is the maniacal machinations of the League of the Morbidly Obese... Who else would want our precious gravity reduced? Think of how the Plus Size Gang would gain control of the Earth as their girth enabled them to remain firmly planted upon terra firma whilst the sleek and svelte denizens of this fair orb were floating hither and yon... Oh, the (thin) humanity! And all of this through the frivolous defiance of that comforting blanket that is gravity... All by those thoughtless Gen-X'rs and their vile penchant for breaking the surly bonds... Talk about being hoisted upon one's own petard... The Greeks have never known such tradgedy... Much less Shakespeare...

I propose that AlGore immediately step in and save our precious gravity, and that it's use be strictly regulated... Nothing a little one world government couldn't "fix" in a few decades give or take a millennium.

Gravity Monkeys, not just for the situation anymore...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Have you seen XXX with either Vin Desiel or Ice Cube? I must admit, extreme sports will be the death of quality entertainment:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Who has something to gain?

Obviously this insidious plot is the maniacal machinations of the League of the Morbidly Obese... Who else would want our precious gravity reduced? Think of how the Plus Size Gang would gain control of the Earth as their girth enabled them to remain firmly planted upon terra firma whilst the sleek and svelte denizens of this fair orb were floating hither and yon... Oh, the (thin) humanity! And all of this through the frivolous defiance of that comforting blanket that is gravity... All by those thoughtless Gen-X'rs and their vile penchant for breaking the surly bonds... Talk about being hoisted upon one's own petard... The Greeks have never known such tradgedy... Much less Shakespeare...

I propose that AlGore immediately step in and save our precious gravity, and that it's use be strictly regulated... Nothing a little one world government couldn't "fix" in a few decades give or take a millennium.

Gravity Monkeys, not just for the situation anymore...

Priceless.

As for the OP I can only guess (and hope for your psychological sake) that this is a joke.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
An intrigue of the inflated! You may be onto something.

But if true, AlGore himself (by all appearances) is one of corpulent cabal and would undoubtedly engage in obfuscation and disinfo.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Haven't you seen Al Gore recently? He is consuming more gravity than all of the extreme sports combined, and must surely be in on this scam. We all know he's in on the climate change scams, so it's not below him to conspire to take our precious gravitational forces. Well, gravity is below him so to speak... oh nevermind, I need a whisky.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I like that sport where they jump from buildings to buildings off the egdes and to the below.

They use gravity in a cool way.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Have you seen XXX with either Vin Desiel or Ice Cube? I must admit, extreme sports will be the death of quality entertainment:

www.youtube.com...

The sports themselves can really only further our evolution with what they teach us about balance and speed etc. The next few generations (assuming it's all around that long) of skateboarders, bmxers, snowboarders, and so on, will be a lot tougher physically and a lot better at things that people only dreamed about in years past.

Examples...

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

vimeo.com...

Tell me again how "extreme" sports are ruining quality entertainment?

If anything it's the schmucks pushing it as EXXXTREME that are messing things up.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ah, this is yet another attempt at fulfilling the expectation of fun and popularity; while at the same time profiteering from the deaths of willing participants in a "depopulation agenda". Yeah, extreme sports is a threat to us less INSANE people.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I dunno man I love Street league.

Skating isn't hurting anyone. And yes it is an extreme sport. Dangerous but those guys are awesome.

And no I don't skate...I want my bones intact but I do admire their skills and nuggets for trying.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Get your sweaty hands off Extreme Ironing. That's a very physical and dangerous sport I'll have you know.

I'd write a second line but I just remembered I left the iron on, gotta run.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure I trust the messenger here. There was a thread with a certain user shown hang-gliding. I think you need to really look this person up and ask why they're so bent on this conspiracy.

Gravity is a finite resource, Maybe these people are just helping to ease the load of an already overtaxed planet struggling to keep us all on the surface.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I completely agree with Phage. It's time to start taxing the users of gravity to protect them from themselves, and save this planets precious resources. Writing congress now. Thank me when our futures are secured.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The real reason for the final shuttle mission ,bring back some more anti gravity from Skylab or whatever it's called now.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Thread is from 2008 and bumped for trolling purposes.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join