It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Edwards just admitted to having an affair to ABCNews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Source: abcnews.go.com...

SNIP Hope none of you were hoping he would be Obama's running mate.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So, the Enquirer was right all along as they usually are. People call them a rag all the time, but if you want the lowdown on a celebrity they can provide it.

He's still lying about not paying her off. If friends and supporter are doing it for him by proxy, he's still guilty. Another Obama supporter bites the dust.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's about time some mainstream media outlet decided to report on this story.

I'm the furthest one could be from an Edwards supporter. I think he's a phoney and a dangerous liberal. With that said, I can't say I blame the guy. Doesn't his wife have a pretty serious case of cancer? I doubt she's able to put out much. He's being kind enough to support her during her ordeal, but he's a powerful man and he has needs. I'm sure his wife understands and maybe even approves.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
So, the Enquirer was right all along as they usually are. People call them a rag all the time, but if you want the lowdown on a celebrity they can provide it.

He's still lying about not paying her off. If friends and supporter are doing it for him by proxy, he's still is guilty. Another Obama supporter bites the dust.

Next comes the paternity test to see if he's lying about fathering the child. I don't know which of these facts about this story is more repulsive:

* Having an affair on your wife while she's in remission from cancer
* Lying repeatedly until the pictures prove you wrong
* Admitting the affair and saying "but I didn't love her" as if that makes it all better
* The MSM sitting tight on this story until they couldn't contain it any longer

and now, maybe:

* Denying you're the father to a child when you really are

So long, Edwards. Your Spitzer suite awaits!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow. You're right, he's political history. And I wasn't hoping for him for a VP. He's too liberal! LOL

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
oh how sweet the sound.
another phony fraud gets what they deserve.
maybe there is a god after all...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I was never for him politically.

And I think the primary season showed that not a lot were.

Still, we do not know any of the real details, and probably never will.

Like, was he and his wife in an "open marriage"?

[Edit: On second thought the above statement seems a bit odd.]

If so, then where is the issue here? Other than political egg on the face.

[Edit: Yeah the above sentence also should be revoked]

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Come on guys! Do you blame him? With hair like that you can get any woman!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Come on guys! Do you blame him? With hair like that you can get any woman!

I was just thinking, "What a scumbag, but doesn't his hair look terrific?"

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Anyone surprised that yet another politician is found to be a lying douchebag?

They all are.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"I want to see our party lead on the great moral issues — yes, me a Democrat using that word — the great moral issues that face our country," Edwards tells the crowd. "If we want to live in a moral, honest just America and if we want to live in a moral and just world, we can't wait for somebody else to do it. We have to do it."

Well, so much for backing up his words with actions. Of course, he meant for us to be moral. Since he's John Edwards, he can do whatever he wants.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Boy, what a day.

First we have the opening day of the Olympics,

Then war breaks out in Georgia,

US carriers heading toward the Gulf,

Now, John Edwards admits having an affair.

And to top it off,

The National Enquirer was right!!!

It's the end of the world, for sure.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Let's not forget that McCain, once freed and back in the US, had numerous affairs, including the one in 1979, that was to be with his future second wife who was then only 25.

Is there any moral highground for cheating on his wife of 14 years, multiple times, and in the end leaving her (who was now crippled and unattractive) for a young rich woman?

I wouldn't throw stones too hard here, since there's plenty of bad behavior on either side.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Honestly, besides the fact that the scumbag would cheat on his sick wife, what surprises me most is that he's not gay. I swear I thought he was closet. Not that there's anything wrong with that...just saying is all.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Honestly, besides the fact that the scumbag would cheat on his sick wife, what surprises me most is that he's not gay.

Oh, no. He's a democrat!
He's straight.

They are going to release a statement soon. He and his wife.

Many marriages make it through affairs. Especially with so many troubles. (their son died, her cancer - that's a lot of pressure) But I'm not making excuses! He lied to the public. That's the only thing I fault him for. The affair is between him and his wife. Who knows? Maybe after she got cancer, she gave him permission or whatever. We don't know and it's not our business. But the fact that he lied to the public about it is.

I forgot to say... How convenient that he announced this on the day Barack goes on vacation. That way he can be distanced from it for a week before he has to deal with it and maybe then, the media will be on to something else. Hopefully. This should not reflect on Obama at all.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Honestly, besides the fact that the scumbag would cheat on his sick wife, what surprises me most is that he's not gay. I swear I thought he was closet. Not that there's anything wrong with that...just saying is all.

Funny you say that. I don't think you were the only one who thought so. Remember the Jib-Jab cartoons in 2004 before the 2004 presidential election? I remember one of those scenes specifically showing Edwards and John Kerry getting into bed together and turning out the light. I think there was another reference in the other cartoon also.

Scuse me now while I go puke.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
"I want to see our party lead on the great moral issues — yes, me a Democrat using that word — the great moral issues that face our country," Edwards tells the crowd. "If we want to live in a moral, honest just America and if we want to live in a moral and just world, we can't wait for somebody else to do it. We have to do it."

Well, so much for backing up his words with actions. Of course, he meant for us to be moral. Since he's John Edwards, he can do whatever he wants.

Yes, and unfortunately this seems to be the way of the politician. Hell, I was considering possibly running in the future but if it means I have to cheat on my wife I guess you can count me out.

This is a joke. I'm glad it came out now. I'm not going to vote for either of these guys but can you imagine what it would have done to Barack if he would have chosen Edwards as his veep and then it came out?

I love the moral high ground these guys take. Do as I say, not as I do. Especially the 'hair'do.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It raises again the perrenial question: "What was this guy thinking!?"

He had a beautiful family, a lovely and intelligent wife and the overall respect of his political peers and constituency - yet he was willing to throw it all away on a woman he met in a bar. Was she worth it?

How arrogant. Did he really think he could manage to contain this? Why is he meeting her in a hotel room for five hours - baby in room as well - if the affair is over and the baby is not his? Why are his friends and supporters footing her bill and giving her places to stay?

Not to mention the fact that often affairs are like cockroaches - where there's one, there's more.

Edwards has always given me the creeps ever since I heard about how he told many people in Washington the same story about his dead son, all in the "strictest of confidence". He even told Kerry the story twice, in the exact same fashion and the second time he said he had never told anyone the story before.

He is either a compulsive liar, a sociopath or both.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just another example demonstrating how deep the decay runs...

As I continue to assert, the only difference between a Democrat and a Republican is what they call themselves.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Man and what really puts the icing on the cake is this crazy photo!

Shameful! Just Shameful!

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Quazga]

top topics

join