It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man held in Fla. on charge of threatening Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Man held in Fla. on charge of threatening Obama

A man who authorities said was keeping weapons and military-style gear in his hotel room and car appeared in court Thursday on charges he threatened to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama...

Geisel allegedly referred to Obama with a racial epithet and continued, "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself."...

Another person in the class quoted Geisel as saying that "he hated George W. Bush and that he wanted to put a bullet in the president's head,"
(visit the link for the full news article)
news.yahoo.com

[edit on 8/7/2008 by pstrron]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I may not be an Obama fan but this is insanity. As far as I know Obama hasn't done anything to even remotely deserve such a threat. Sounds like another redneck that doesn't like Obama because he is black.

Then he tries to get out of it by saying "just joking". This guy has issues. He is reported to even wanting to kill Pres. Bush.

Now that it has come out in the news, do you think anyone will actually try and do such a dastardly deed?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
There will always be those people out there, no matter who is running.

There are these types of people on both sides.

Have you heard Obama supporters call in and make threats to radio talk show hosts when their messiah is criticized? They spew the same things but don't have weapons (at least not verifiably) so.

Either way, this is nothing new really but is a bit more heated because of the seriousness this debate defines for the future of America.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think this is being covered here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The only thing I hear about Obama or McCain is what I get in the news online. As I am not currently in the US.

I have heard that the Obamatrons jump anyone that is opposed to their candidate as I am sure there are those in the McCain camp that would and are doing the same. It will be a very sad day for America if someone does try such an outrageous act.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, we all know Obama has been hyped to the hilt. He has been put on such a pedastal, that if he should lose the election, and there is a good chance he will, Obamatrons will no doubt riot.

Expectations are inversely proportional to frustrations.

You have seen on this board.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There's sickos out there for all kinds of deeds.

I hope they put him away and throw away the key.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Well, we all know Obama has been hyped to the hilt. He has been put on such a pedastal, that if he should lose the election, and there is a good chance he will, Obamatrons will no doubt riot.

I really hope that should Obama loose the election the Obamatrons wouldn't do such a thing as riot. However, we do have many incidents in history that point to just such an occurrence should the followers not get what they feel they should. This is irrespective of the results.

top topics

join