It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for threatening to kill Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

A man who authorities said was keeping weapons and military-style gear in his hotel room and car appeared in court Thursday on charges he threatened to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Raymond Hunter Geisel, 22, was arrested by the Secret Service on Saturday in Miami and was ordered held at Miami's downtown detention center without bail Thursday by a federal magistrate.

A Secret Service affidavit charges that Geisel made the threat during a training class for bail bondsmen in Miami in late July. According to someone else in the 48-member class, Geisel allegedly referred to Obama with a racial epithet and continued, "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself."

just saw this on MSNBC: www.msnbc.msn.com...

Discuss!

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Shades1035]

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Shades1035]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
More likely the guy will get off scott free. The secret service takes ALL threats serious.

The media keeps emphasizing the guy had a handgun and a machete when they captured him. I don't know why, seeing that this is so typical down here in Florida.

Now, if they found actual plans, that's a different story.

I may not like Obama, but taking someones life for stupid reasons is never justified. If there's evidence against this guy, I hope he rots in prison.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
please direct your comments to this thread started earlier today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join