It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threat to assassinate Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Threat to assassinate Obama

www.chron.com

Raymond Hunter Geisel, 22, was arrested by the Secret Service on Saturday in Miami and was ordered held at Miami's downtown detention center without bail today by a federal magistrate.

A Secret Service affidavit charges that Geisel made the threat during a training class for bail bondsmen in Miami in late July. According to someone else in the 48-member class, Geisel allegedly referred to Obama with a racial epithet and continued, "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't know if Mr. Geisel was seriously contemplating murder, but this article makes him seem like a simpleton that was just a little to vocal about his feelings for Obama and Bush. I wonder what made the Secret Service consider this man enough of a threat to arrest him. (Better safe than sorry I suppose).

I have personally heard several people voice the same thoughts, about these two men and other public figures. If the authorities were to locate, arrest, and interrogate everyone reported to have said things like this, would it strain resources to the point where they miss an unspoken threat?

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Isn't Dr. Seuss a Geisel???? Do I smell conspiracy???

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's rather amusing to see the paranoia about the prospect of having a "black" president. I contend that somone of that cloth simply thinks Obama would do to them as they would do to others. The fear-- terror even-- just extends to Obama as a projection of their own psyches. I may venture that the threat to Bush has to do with not closing the borders.

Don't take that as an endorsement of the candidate on my part. With some there's a dark void of hell in their minds with a horizon beyond the issues and whatever he stands for.

From here it simply appears incomplete.

I'm sure this is why Obama avoided the Appalachian area. I was sort of surprised to find Geilsel's home to be Bangor, Maine. Then again the northern states are the most paranoid about illegal Mexicans everywhere that actually aren't anywhere (such is the case in MI here). I seem to recall that the strongest negativity regarding such issues comes from the areas that least have a problem. I guess wherever you go, there you are.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The possibility of assasination is a real threat to Obama, but I don't think this man is. There would be thousands of people in jail if every remark like that was taken seriously.

By the way, I live in an area of Appalachia, and Obama won the presidential primary in this county. His wife, Michelle, spoke here and had a good audience. I'm not saying some people in Appalachia aren't xenophobic--they are--but Obama would be safe in Asheville at least.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
For all you short-sighted people who are afraid of anyone different from you, I beg you to look at the issues not the color of the skin. John McCain is first and foremost too old to be President. He also is a warmongerer who only wants more of our men and women to occupy and die in a country for the sake of oil. This war has not been good for our country and was begun on a lie and should be halted today! Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as the next American, I simply don't believe in war. As a child of a 30 year Army Officer, I say that like Vietnam, Iraq is wrong. I am also a firm believer that McCain is too far removed, because of his wife's money, to understand the issues of average Americans. The Bushes (both Georges) have not been good for America which is why we are in the state we are in. Their administration has been for the rich and their rich friends and if you don't fit that mold then George W. Bush has not been a good President for you either. McCain is a continuation of Bush o'nomics, which by the way, is a continuation of Reganomics. Neither one of them served the American public well!

top topics

join