It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a call from the FBI last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I work at a dump of a hotel in Detroit. I was working my shift last night, and the phone rings. The man on the other end identified himself as an FBI agent, he asked how things were going at the hotel.

It sounds weird but I have dealt with this kind of thing before. Being close to the Windsor tunnel and the Ambassador bridge the FBI routinely maintains contact with hotels in the area to monitor suspicious activity.

The plan runs down like this, well it's supposed to run down like this. A guest checks in and pays cash, we are to take their ID and make a photocopy of it and attach it to their registration card. If the guest seems suspicious in any way we are to call the FBI and they will wait until the guest checks out, have a patrol car follow them and pull them over for a traffic stop. The officer will find some reason to search the car. If any drugs are found in the car an arrest is made. Then the FBI will return to the hotel and give the clerk a envelope with a sum of cash as a reward.

I said it's supposed to work out like this, however, I work at a dumpy hotel. Most of my guests pay cash. Most of my guests are acting suspicious because they are sneaking away from their wives to cheat on them with their girlfriends or a prostitute. (Of course I have no way of knowing whether or not they are with a prostitute or their girlfriend.)

Great job eh? :bnghd: I
hate Michigan.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'd be on the phone with the FBI all the time, busting people left and right looking for that CA$H!!

Don't feel bad. You're serving your country. The cash is only added incentive..

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I don't know, that's kinda an ethical issue isn't it? Do I have any loyalty to my guest's privacy? Some guests there are regulars and if they find themselves targeted by law enforcement by staying at the hotel it could cause them to not stay there. Business would suffer and my job might be on the line then.

new topics

join