It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissapearing Responses?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My reference to this thread above. Sorry if I am posting this query in the wrong section too.

So far I have posted 3 responses in this thread...the second was a question about where the first one went, then on the third I reinstated my initial thought about it. Now they are gone...even the response from another member saying that I hit a wrong button, or it may have been a bug. I am just curious if my posts were deleted, and why when they somewhat pertained to the subject?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think you may have been confused by 2 different threads with 8-8-08 in the title, I can see your posts in both of these threads.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the case for this forum, but many forums have a back up system like every hour depending on how big the forum is. When the server crashes or something goes wrong the system resorts to the backup database.

This might be why you didn't see your response. When I was new on a forum once and they were having problems with the server I noticed this missing post and response. It's a great way of setting it up because there is virtually no down time but you do loose a few post and replies.

I was convinced that a mod was deleting my replies until I found out what the real deal was.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure but this might be what the problem is. You replied to two threads with similar topics about August 8, 2008. You can look at your posting history by going to my profile then clicking on posts.

You replied to this thread about 8-8-08:

Then asked where your post went in this thread about 8-8-08:

Look through your posting history and you will see how the confusion came about.

Edit: NM. JKM beat me to it.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thanks guys...forgive my idiocy

I guess too many threads about the same things is very confusing for me...I will definately look deeper into it next time and not waste everyones time

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Taledus

A quick way to see where you have posted is to hit the profile button ^^^on the toolbar above, hit posts, and it will show your post history, last one first.

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us

Just remember this when 09-09-09 approaches

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've experienced this as well, and am a new user. I see my posts in my profile, I click on the thread but my post isn't there... and this is from 3 days ago. Is it just me that can't see them?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Also you can use 'My ATS' button in the top tool bar when looking for your thread posts.

join