It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war for your spirits, money and health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's been a long time since I've been logged into ATS with so much other crap going on in my life but I feel now is a better time than ever to describe some things that I've really started to notice...

I was walking from my cousin's pad heading to a bus stop that would take me northbound to the next town when I noticed there were about 4 different churches almost on the same block except they were in close proximity to each other, all of different Christian religions. And then later on I noticed there was about either 3 to 4 different banks again within close proximity to each other. Now normally I only notice this with gas stations, with 3 of them duking it out on 3 separate corners but then I realized it goes the same with fast food; there be (at least where I used to live) about 3 of them battling out for consumer dollars. This is ridiculous! Not that I want everything to consolidate and become one and even though choice is what is part of being American, where does this madness end?

I didn't know where else to put this in; mods, if this belongs in BTS, then so be it
, but otherwise, who else feels the same way I do, that too much is enough? Anyone else notice this disturbing trend in society?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MR_UNSMiLey

I've noticed it with grocery stores too.

Car dealerships do it too, but that one I can understand because a car isn't something you buy without checking the competition first.

join