It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio UFO in Progress - HEY!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
In the hopes of clarification and of conveying a human element....

One is me and the other is my bro. One of us is two inches, 20 lbs and 10 years younger than the other.

So...
As my brother mentioned in his account of the sighting, a friend of his in Chester WV had a sighting of an illuminated unknow object on the night of Aug. 3, 2008.
The sighting took place around 9 pm and he managed to take the following pictures. I hope to speak to him in the next few days and I'll share anything of interest.

Gotta wonder why sooo many people wanna bust my balls over this? I've read all kinds of stuff on here where people make outrageous claims and don't have half of the flack I'm catching.
Look. I'm trying to network UFO information. How difficult is that to get?
I don't really know anything about ET or aliens, but I do know people who see lights in the sky that are neither stars or conventional aircraft. JUST LIKE MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE DO EVERY YEAR.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Brotha, all's I can say is carry on and let the crappulance roll off of ya. We have a lot of impatient, rude, demanding posters and that'll never change. It's something we deal with and if you've read so much, you KNOW what kind of stuff rolls around ATS.
I believe you and your brother are two different people and I understand your frustration. Take a deep breath and roll on, man, roll on.

Cuhail

PS- Thanks for the pix, good work!

(edit to PS)

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You know that old saying, you can`t please everyone. And that`s the problem with trying to share with everyone. you could show evidence that could reach out and slap you in the face, but yet they would not believe it. They have to experience it first hand to believe it, so why do they lurk around here, maybe they get a kick out of belittling others, who knows. And it`s to bad. We have great places like this to share stories and ideas, but we have some who want to ruin it for others, and can`t take the word of others at face value, they have to have pictures, and some times that isn`t even enough. How anyone can go through life like that? Do their friends have to show them pictures of what they did that day, all because they won`t believe them, just because they told them they did this?

Anyway, it`s a good story, and yes, I believe they went through all of this. So pictures or no pictures, if someone went through this and it made a change in their life in any way, good for them, that is what life is all about, change. Never worry about what others may think, it`s what you think and believe that counts.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
ok - so you are demanding that your story ` be heard ` - but niether you or your brother is prepared to put any effort into recovering the ` deleted pics ` that are your only emperical evidence ?

err ok ..................

you are not prepared to work on this

why should ATS ????????????????

Why are people giving this stars? It's completely unreasonable in light of the situation.

My demand was that the witness account be posted in the original thread for continuity. And I think the practicality of retrieving questionable images from the camera owner has been addressed in full.

Additionally, how much credence do non-telephoto images of lights in the night sky lend to an account? Why is this the issue? People act like this is an affront or imposition. I would hardly call the type of images commonly presented along with sighting accounts "evidence." There's nothing in these posts that should challenge anyone's world view. No claims other than weird lights were seen. It sucks that the pics were lost, but what if my brother hadn't even tried to get pics? It was pure luck that a camera was around at all.

And I don't know what "work" ATS does or might do regarding the account. The statement/question doesn't even make sense. I mean, do I need to go round the forums and pull up the absurd nonsense that's greedily consumed, viewed, examined critically and commented on daily here? As a comparison to this content?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

Dude, chill out, s many others have pointed out, you realy do need to grow a thicker skin.

First off you didn't report aliens, you reported an unidentified object that your brother saw, so why are you getting so bent out of shape that people are acting as though you lied. You know you didn't. If people want to believe that UFO automatically means aliens then so be it. Don't try to defend something you did not even say this just feeds the fire.

Second, the best way to report a sigting if there are no pictures to keep people from bugging you is to state up front in th OP that because you are relaying a story from another source, you have do not have access to photographs. Now you have stopped that topic from being brough up and if you obtained photos later, it would be a bonus.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Unfortunately, many people here have the habit of being complete snot heads. I can say snot heads, right?

There are a good few here that feel as though a hoax every now and then justifies their appalling rudeness to any new poster that doesn't completely blow their mind away. Never mind that this kind of attitude in real life ("I'm treating you all like dirt because I was treated like dirt at some point in my past!")...isn't really looked upon in much favor.

The way I see it, lots of folks are confused about what they really believe. They want to believe, oh sure. Everyone yearns to trust that the world really does hold fantastic secrets, something to make the ordinary work-day a little less dull. But it's not always that easy. Skepticism (the far more fashionable choice) is extremely tempting, especially as those on the far spectrum of the belief scale (the "TRUE BELIEVERS") can be...less than fashionable. You will have people attacking their own opinions here if they feel it'll get them a star or two.

In smaller forums, this kind of issue is far more mellow; with time, the members become familiar with each other and aren't as likely to rip each other's heads off for the entertainment value of it. Here, however, there are something like 140,000 members. It's like a really...really...really big high school, and a lot of the people have the attitudes to match.

ATS is a good place for keeping up on the latest reports, etc., and really, there are many fantastic members that really just want to find the truth. But if I had another sighting, or some bizarre experience, I don't think I would post it here. Too much desire for drama going on. Sometimes I get through a thread by thinking, "Oh, that person hates their job...that person hates their job...oh, that one does too." Works nicely, especially if I don't happen to also hate my job at the time.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe

My demand was that the witness account be posted in the original thread for continuity. And I think the practicality of retrieving questionable images from the camera owner has been addressed in full.

Wow..... I finally found a continuation of the original thread closed down suddenly by the moderator elevatedone. There are other members comments around in other threads regarding it being closed. djerwulfe, know that it's closing has upset many.

From what I've witnessed on ATS, I would advise no one to post pictures or admit to having any....... or you will be silenced by moderators using "global ignore" or the thread closed. I am guessing that what they want here is a photo of aliens holding a sign stating "We're real ATS"... "and we will visit anyone who needs confirmation."

As far as the "girl" deleting the photos from her camera or computer.... makes sense actually. The reason why is because ATS wants everyone to send the photos directly to them..... which would enable them to get her ISP and other info... or they say the photos are a "hoax" and feed the rude members that are thriving here. And if she is prone to illegal drug use then she does not want to broadcast it on the internet.

As much as I would have liked to have seen the photos... this has all occurred for the best, IMO. By the way... I was born and raised in the areas you mentioned... maybe you and your brother and I are all the same person here on ATS? Ha, ha.

Thank you for taking the time to post this and for not just quitting when elevatedone closed the original thread without warning.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thanks to the reasonable folks, here. I have a hard-science background and have no interest in discussing the subjective side of this.

I have a fairly large archive of first hand-accounts of anomalous flying objects. I only accept first-hand accounts and rarely share the materials... until now.

I generally reject humanoid stuff and chronic abductee accounts. Not because I necessarily believe or don't believe, but rather that they're just too complex to deal with objectively. (for me)

Here's a new, yet related thread on ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Thanks again. I learned some valuable lessons on this one. No more "real-time" reporting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join