It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone really believe the Pentagon shut down TALON??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Does anyone really believe the Pentagon shut down TALON??

rawstory.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Pentagon on Monday said it was closing a controversial intelligence office that had raised concerns about domestic spying by the military after the September 11 attacks.

The Defense Department said it had "disestablished" the Counterintelligence Field Activity office, or CIFA, created in February 2002 by former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to manage defense and armed service efforts against intelligence threats from foreign powers and groups such as al Qaeda.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yes, this highly controversial unit is finally shut down. The government has finally realized that they have been too invasive and they had shredded the constitution and are making amends for that.

Yeah, right!!!!

I think that it's much more probable that they had to respond to the public outcry of domestic spying and that why they moved the program.
Now, who knows what they are doing and under what department they are operating under.
I know the article says that they are now a part of the DIA, but this new Defense Counterintelligence and Human Intelligence Center, is more of the same with newer, better technology and probably even less government oversight. Who knows what in the hell they are doing.

The domestic spying continues with reckless abandon.

Call me paranoid, but with this administration, who can say.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-8-2008 by wolf241e]

new topics

join