It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when you think of the modern day saint what comes to mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Nothing we humans are now having a tendency to block others rationality so that we can control their thoughts, their actions but in the long run we are controlling ourselves as well, we as a nation need to stop that it's so time consuming just by trying to intimadate someone based on their religion,nationality,social status,income,sex,age,race and other exspectations as well.

Saints these days are supposed to be unconditionally loving,caring,thoughtful,excepting someone for who they are and what they are a saint is supposed to know what is and isn't the true word of god or a god but it seems like todays saints are hiding in "sheeps clothing" to be true to someone or somthing you have to honor that as well as yourself if that trust in not seen pyhiscally then there's no point in trying to return to something you never truly cared about, to say enough is enough is a lie to you,that person or object,and god.

Yes even though times are changing life is getting harder than it was 25 years ago it's us that make this world to live in extremely hard we can make a difference it just takes us to get off our assnines and do the work ourselves no one is going to have pity for us.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
trying to define saint is too hard. I don't know whether to give you the I don't like the church or care to follow their direction answer or the Dali lama, Thich nat han etc answer

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whostruth

That's easy. I think of a group of people so divorced from reality that they have no time for feeding & clothing the poor or other altruistic activities. Instead they are content to sit on their over-bloated fat arses judging those who actually try to do some good - this one is "godly" or that one is not worthy or that one is an unbeliever and so on ad nauseum. What a waste of flesh and bone!

join