It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian soil may contain detrimental substance

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I haven't a problem with sending men, but I haven't a problem with the monkeys either, except the problem that I have of using not volunteers for dangerous and unhealthy things, and that is why this idea of sending monkeys will never take-off.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well this is what happens when MEN play with PERCHLORATE

I don't think Monkeys could do much worse

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

So let me guess this straight.
First NASA deny everything, then say the soil is too toxic to contain life and now it is too earlier to confirm anything

No you forgot... after deny everything... they confirmed water in the soil... soil was like your garden and you can grow asparagus... THEN the soil gets deadly

"I come before you to stand behind you to tell you something I know nothing about.." by _______________ (add any public official of choice)
I forgot who said that... Nixon maybe? or LBJ?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

next thing they will come out with now water is there that is not a planet look what happened to poor ice ball pluto

i wish they would just stump up the cash to send a manned mission there launching from the space station

maybe if they did that might relight the fire in the worlds population of space exploration instead of our facination with pointing nucular weapons at each other
increase their funding bring on the WORLD SPACE AGENCY !!!! we can all pay towards it then instead of just the poor american taxpayer

btw im still pretty new here so be gentle

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Amitsumikaboshi]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
There are hyperchlorates found in Martian soil, they are also found in the soils of arid regions of Earth such as Arizona, which are still teaming with adapted life.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nookster

That is the only problem I see for the existence of life on Mars.

We have many lifeforms on Earth that are the result of adaptation to the environment, but because we already had lifeforms.

If, on Mars, life appeared before the changes took place (reduction of the atmosphere, disappearance of surface liquid, probably water, etc.) then I think it very likely that life has adapted to the new conditions, but if live did not existed before I think that it is much less likely to have appeared after those planet-scale changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join